LYNX CREEK ARIZONA

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the opportunity to recently to do some panning at LYNX Creek in the Prescott Nat'l Forest. I stopped one of the local wardens and found out that it is OK to use hand operated "sniff" tubes. I found some nice gold. Working the bottoms of the waterholes worked. There's still lots of gold in the Rich Hill area too, if you can handle the scorpions and the rattlesnakes.

TimC

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: LINKS CREEK ARIZONA

Is it LINKS creek or LYNX creek? And who do you think you are with that hat???? Indiana Jones? You hussy! Did Alpha105 call you? TTC

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: LINKS CREEK ARIZONA

It's not a Fedora you silly sargeant sack of stuff! :tongue3: :tongue3: :laughing7: :laughing7:

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That is a great area. There's a guy on YouTube that is killing it there working the bedrock cracks.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
You two look like Duals, or what most call Twins. :dontknow:

I saw a video of a trummel working off of Lynx Creek and those boys were on a paystreak. :thumbsup:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GrayCloud said:
You two look like Duals, or what most call Twins. :dontknow:

I saw a video of a trummel working off of Lynx Creek and those boys were on a paystreak. :thumbsup:
Yes, we are identical twins. Our mother could not tell us apart! THAT is identical! TTC

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimC said:
I had the opportunity to recently to do some panning at LYNX Creek in the Prescott Nat'l Forest. I stopped one of the local wardens and found out that it is OK to use hand operated "sniff" tubes. I found some nice gold. Working the bottoms of the waterholes worked. There's still lots of gold in the Rich Hill area too, if you can handle the scorpions and the rattlesnakes.

TimC

MMMmmmm Rattlesnake stew with fried scorpions on a stick........ D- licious :icon_sunny:

Rattlesnake chili is good too.

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna go!!!

OP
OP
TimC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not far from Lynx Creek. If anyone wants to put together a trip to Lynx Creek email me. For the softies Prescott is close. For the real miners camping is only a few miles away (4 or 5). I'm ready anytime, within reason.

TimC

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are some GPS coordinates to open areas.
Fain Park in Prescott Valley 34' 34.444' N 112' 21.238' W
The Panning Area 34' 31.775' N 112' 23.068' W
Bannie Mine Road 34' 29.356' N 112' 21.996' W

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Which one is it on the page.
And, have you had the time to put together a footprints for the area around Black Canyon.
Never mind, just saw it.
Thanks.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting changes going on around upper Black Canyon roadrunner. Several 35 year old claims dropped this year. Won't be able to sort it all out until the BLM catches up on their case work but it there could be some good ground opening up. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions