any NC members need a friend with em?

Mick NC

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2006
well my name is mick iv been propecting since i was 12 and well i use to know alot of people prospecting but iv lost contact with them since i left for the army 6 years ago. and this seemed like the best place to get to know some again b/c well it gets kinda lame even on realy good days if your by your self and now one's their with u to enjoy finding decent amounts of gold with ya. well im in charlotte and i know most of the creeks in mecklenburg pretty well. lots have changed in these last 6 years but the gold still here. im willing to drive out and meet people in a 2 hour distance from charlotte ,and more than welcome to come here and work some of the places i know of. well i have a 2.5 dredge and a pretty good knowlege of dredging and gold finding but u never can know everything and im willing to exchange info on the subject. i might be 24 years old but have a soul of a old miner and vet in me and well hope to hear from anyone thats interested

Upvote 0
D

damz68

Hey Mick,
I am in Greenville SC. I use to live in Charlotte. I lived there from 12-15 years of age and went to Carmel Jr. High. I lived in Provedence Woods, I think. Me and my friends would spend all summer down at McAlpine Creek looking for snakes and turtles. One day we saw an old man and woman down on the creek looking for gold and have been hooked since. The old guy was really interesting to talk to, he did time in San Quiton for robbery! It was always cool to see his finds at the end of the day. They always worked around this large boulder, and had pretty good luck. I go every now and then to Sumpter NF around Abbeville SC. I like the NF because you have permission on paper. Several years ago I spent a day in the Uwarrie NF, nice place.

I do know how you feel, it sucks going alone. I have two kids and I am trying to train them to love the great outdoors, I think it will take a while! They do not like prospecting, they love catching snakes but hate the chiggers, horseflies and mosquitos you get in the low country. So I pretty much go alone no matter what I do. I am interested. Ido have a sluice, no dredge

OP
OP
M

Mick NC

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2006
hey damz i also went to carmel jr high lol thats funny but went to myers park for high school. well anytime u wanna go just email me at [email protected] i just came back from stanley county and found some nice stuff. the place i go in mc alpine realy doest have a bug problem i dont even use repelant over their. but it doesnt have alot of shade so when its hot like its been it can realy beat down on u. but with feet in the water helps cool u down. also the area i usaly set up my sluice box is one of the only places that has shade. also iv actually found some realy nice speciman sized nuggets over their if we ever meet ill show yah. im curently workin in a spot that a tree has fallen flat across the water and when the creek floods the tree dug out the rock bed under it with the help of the water. so theirs a decent depression and iv found last friday about6 penny wieghts of gold from it and will be workin it again. also in that same area i dig in the walls of the creek and found a 2 1/2 penny weight nugget and lots of flake just have to follow the seem line in the wall. but the gold in that area is pretty finikey certain spots bamm nice and others only dust so its like being a detective over their sometimes. well im gonna take a rest day just email me if u wanna go i will be in cali for the first time in sept to work a claim with some old army buddies and hopefully i wont have to get a normal job EWWW!!!! talk to yah soon

Sandpit

Jan 28, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Nautilus 2Ba & Tejon
Mick, I also prospect in Uwharrie NF. Have a highbanker. Maybe you & Damz and i could get togeather when the temp. cools down and do some prospecting. Email if you are interested.

OP
OP
M

Mick NC

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2006
hey sandpit i never got your email and i would love to meet up with u all
heres some of the gold that iv found in NC creeks and rivers

Attachments

• GOLD%20in%20my%20pan_1156190569175516008.jpg
    GOLD%20in%20my%20pan_1156190569175516008.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 962

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mick,
Myself and a friend of mine live in Concord. We may be interested in going sometime.

Sandpit

Jan 28, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Nautilus 2Ba & Tejon
Hey Mick, looks like there is a lot of interest in a prospecting trip. Maybe we could all get up a trip to the Uwharrie NF, plent of room for all. HH Sand

OP
OP
M

Mick NC

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2006
hey everyone it looks like we getting a good bunch of people rounded up. we need to plan somethin out so we all can meet and realy work a creek or river out. Never know with a lot of people workin a place with our tools if theirs a good pay streak will find it so everyone lets plan somethin out and get this ball movin..

Sandpit

Jan 28, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Nautilus 2Ba & Tejon
Mick, you started this thing. I vote for you to organize a trip. What about Mountain Creek north of Albemarle. Can pan, sluice or dredge, but fee site. Guys cast yr vote. HH Sand.

OP
OP
M

Mick NC

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2006
hey sand i just came from their its not a bad place at all i kinda found alot last time i went. i talked to the owner alot and ask him about me they where all surprised i did that well. in the amount of time i spent there. know some good spots there too. well i like that idea sand i vote for it too. just need feed back from the others and a time from everyone that can make it their so we can cordinate. if u all just wanna mail me on this site with the times u will be able to go that will be great. i bet i can get a discount from the owner too ,seemed like real nice people over their.. so people just email me the times and ill cordinate so everyone or majority can make it heck ill go anytime im a bum with nothin better to do so if u cant make the big outing ill try to plan somethin out for u all aswell. well once again thanx for the feed back people, with out u all this wouldnt be possible and lets go find some gold

R

roblisa

hey mick... my name is robbie i would like to get with you soon and go looking for what is gold.. i live in sc about 2 hrs from you.... let me know when we can get together. mail me thanks rob

Big_chieftan

Greenie
Aug 8, 2005
North Carolina
Hey everybody, another Carmel Junior Higher here. ;D I live in Monroe and work in Charlotte. During the summer I dredge in the Uwharrie river. I'd love to find some places around Charlotte to go. If you guys are interested, I can show you some old mine shafts out in the Uwharrie NF.

abearzzz

Dec 4, 2005
PACE, DID YOU GO INTO ALL 4 MINES???ME AND KEV WERE THERE SAT AND TOOK PIC'S ...WE WALKED PAST THE 1ST MINE, WENT INTO THE 2ND AND 3RD, FOUND THE 4TH BUT DID NOT GO IN BECAUSE THE ENTRANCE IS STRAIGHT DOWN FROM THE TOP, IT WOULD BE HARD (NOT IMPOSSIBLE) TO CLIMB DOWN BUT WE DIDNT HAVE TIME, WE WENT TO WHERE BIG CREEK AND CROW CREEK MEET AND SLUICED FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. AS ALWAYS WE HAD A GREAT TIME AND FOUND COLOR....

crazykid

Aug 5, 2012
Asheboro NC
Detector(s) used
Falcon MD 20, Bazooka Gold Trap, Fisher gold bug pro.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in Asheboro and panned a little in Uwharrie. If anybody is around the area I'd love to find some friends to go prospecting with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread