Pioneer Mining in Auburn Ca, closing Aug 31, 2011

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Pioneer Mining in Auburn Ca, closing Aug 31, 2011

Its the start of alot of small shops closing because of this BS!!!
That was the best shop around! Sorry to see it close.
Frank and Dennis were the best.

It probably didnt help with the passing of Dennis. RIP

Frank was the guy that bought my fathers D.A.M Blue Bowl invention and kept it going after my fathers passing.
Thanks Frank.
Want to thank all of you that keep my fathers legacy going by using his Blue Bowl.
Makes me proud to see all of you using them on the internet.

Hefty :notworthy:

Upvote 0

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Re: Pioneer Mining in Auburn Ca, closing Aug 31, 2011

This is not good Boys. :(

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

this is a sad time for all of us
as soon i as i get things squared away here with the house i am heading for the hills
even with my home mining business i will be putting my inventory into storage until i can get a buyer

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was a early dealer for D.A.M. Industries,sold plenty,talked them up on the net CONSTANTLY for almost 20 years too. I've made much cash from them specks it catches way into heavy poundage over the past 27+ years. Nuttn' but respect to a great man and PIONEER MINING is/was a institution that really helped out the small miner. Dennis passing(RIP) and the BS from the last 5 years has/is/will cost Frank much and again nuttn' but respect to yet another great man throwing in the towel in kalif land of environutz,injuns and bureauratz---John >:(

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010

:icon_thumleft: Thanks John :notworthy:

Hefty

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer

In the early nineties, there were seventy some prospecting equipment stores here in Washington state. Because of age and health of some of the owners of these shops, they chose to close up shop with state regulations scaring off small scale miners from buying big ticket items(dredges, trommels...). The younger generation didn't see a future in a prospecting shop and the number of full time shops is down to three.
The moral of this subject is to be aware of state legislation and to stop the over regulating of our rights before they dwiddle to nothing and then when our grandchildren here the word mining, they ask, "Mining, what in the world is that?"

Excuse me for a moment, I'm going to the legislative site to see what else their doing to us. Anyboby with me on this issue.
I'm not letting the environment wacos have ALL the fun.

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Pioneer Mining Supplies has closed it's doors, and Frank Sullivan has retired.

However, Starting Oct 1st:

S&W Mining Supply has been opened by Frank's daughter, Heather Willis, to continue to cater to prospectors and treasure hunters worldwide. We will be open at the new location by October 1st, 2011.

It's good someone will pick up Pioneer Mining left off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread