Mesh Screen Sizes

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better to cut your 5 gal bucket off 6" from the top and then use a propane torch to melt a screen on to the bottom of the top section. Then trim off the edges.

That way it nests nicely into another 5 gal. bucket to screen your concentrates into. :icon_thumleft:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/e450b47ef2bbd017154843edd32be6d2.ugd?dn=Bucket Screens - Swede.pdf

IMG_2168.jpg bucket screen.jpg

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
mu50stang said:
I was looking to take make a 1/12 mesh screen for my concentrates. If I took a 1/12 inch drill bill bit and made a bunch of holes on the bottom of a bucket, would that work. Thanks.

Thats one option , but I tried it and its just to difficult to completely wash all the small gold out of the material with it. The small stuff has a tendency to cling to the plasitc surface or get lodged in the little grooves and crevices in the plastic created by the drill. Metal screen though lets everything freely pass through it and washes out quick.

WailingDave

Nov 4, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:icon_pirat:Buy a bucket classifier from a Prospecting supply,,, they fit the bucket perfect and you can get them in different grades of screen and they all stack together,,, they even have small ones that fit 2 1/2 gal buckets......,,,,,, spend your time gathering concentrates not reinventing the wheel..... Mahalo David :tongue3: If you are looking for the smaller bucket classifier pm me for a contact #

jackragusa

Greenie
Nov 13, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When you classify your materials , try a drop of dish soap in you bucket of water. This should keep the gold from sticking to the plastic......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions