Pyramid Pro Pan.....Anyone else using this great pan????

craftime78

Greenie
Nov 10, 2011
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering if anyone else is using a Pyramid Pro Pan from fossickers.com? I have used one for this past season and have been having great success. It took me a while to refine my technique but I would be willing to share my "secrets" with those that are having problems. I spend every weekend out with it in Western Wisconsin and have found lots of gold specks (including a couple of small pickers), garnets, quartz crystals, diamonds, and lots of other unique rock formations. I'm calling it quits for the season (my wife doesn't believe that yet) and hope to spend the long winter months going through several buckets of material that I wasn't able to give the close inspection they deserve. I will also be researching and experimenting on other techniques to make next year even better. Oh, and my best find was a 1/4 carat rhomboid dodecahedron diamond of exceptional clarity and quality that I plan on having mounted in a necklace setting for a one-of-a-kind Christmas gift for my wife. It was a tough choice between selling it for big $$$$$$ or spending a little $$$$ to finally get a little "acceptance" from my wife on my "crazy weekly obsession" that ONLY lasted 7 months this year. I know, some people call it a bribe. But, hey, whatever works. Besides, maybe there's a pair of earrings waiting in some of my concentrates yet. Anyway, hope to hear from some of you great TH'ers. Also, I will try to post a couple of pictures of before and after when I get one of my webcams to work on this computer.

Mark

Upvote 0

The Fossicker

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

craftime78

Greenie
Nov 10, 2011
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather was great today but had to bust a hole through ice to get to my sweet spot. Found some gold and lots more crystals larger than 1/4". I picked a few smaller ones out of the Pyramid pan at the top so I think they are light enough to wash out with some of the other gravels if it is worked too aggressively. I just worked it more passively and brought more concentrates home. I worked a pile of tailings from someone sluicing in the rapids and actually found quite a bit of black sand and more gold than usual so I'm guessing it was a rookie and they were losing most of the gold. That's what I like about this pan. You can't lose the gold. Anyway, most likely hanging it up for the year unless we happen to get some 60 degree days yet. Oh, and the pan does break up the clay but when it is near freezing, the clay doesn't dissolve as well, but mostly it is black sand clogging up the bottom. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Mark

OP
OP
C

craftime78

Greenie
Nov 10, 2011
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my diamond pendant back from the jeweler last week. I hope my wife likes her Christmas present. Here is a scan of it. Wish it was a better picture.

Attachments

• diamond2.jpg
    diamond2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,278

bottolfsonr

Sep 28, 2012
new richmond, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey mark

hey mark im from wisconsin as well, too bad its getting so cold. was wondering if you heard about our facebook page with western wisconsin and MN.

search for gold prospectors of Minnesota.,

and i love the pyramid pro pan. great idea. i plan you get one before next summer along with a long list of other equipment to add to my obsession. would love to talk shop sometimes or learn you technique with the pyramid pan.

Rick Bottolfson

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is the first time I have seen this product but it seems like a really awesome pan.

This would be the perfect tool to take into somewhere like Whiskeytown NRA because they only allow pans there, this would help you process a lot more material and still be within their rules of only using a pan to prospect.

Here is a video that I found.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've seen it before but I never knew of anybody that use one on this forum. I'll be waiting to see John's reaction to it.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a photo of the diamond I found using the Pyramid Pro Production Pan. I will be going to the jeweler to have it mounted into a pendant setting. (shhhhhhhhh.....don't tell my wife)

Mark

Mark- not to burst your bubble but are you sure that's not a quartz crystal? I recently found one just like it on my property. Still a nice find.

WolfgangStiller

Aug 20, 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, ProPointer, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the Pyramid Pro and Maverick finishing pan from Fossikers. Very nice construction. My motivation is to take the two pans rather than my sluice, classifier, bucket, and regular pan to remote locations. Based on what I have read this should be lighter and faster to backpack into remote locations in the Colorado Mountains. I will see if it works as expected but I have read encouraging reports of the Pyramid Pro processing material faster than a sluice in the right circumstances.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A Super mini or a mini Bazooka Gold Trap would allow you to run 10 or 20 times the dirt that you could run in a given time frame with the pro pan. With the Pyramind Pro Pan you still have to bend over and swish it back and forth, working down that same load of dirt for about five or ten minutes. You could run that same amount of dirt throught a Bazooka Gold Trap in about 30 seconds, and be done with it and move on to the next bucket. You shovel or scoop directly into it, zero classifying. Also, the Mini and the Super Mini are just about the same price as the the Pro Pan.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Of course! The Bazooka is simply badass but this pan would be ideal for parks and rec area's that do not allow sluice box mining.

AlwaysBusyJ

Feb 9, 2013
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't tried it with dry material... I would like to hear if anyone else has had success with that too. I can say I do love using the finishing pan though. Great for running extra fast test pans at the creek to see if you're in a good area. Not my personal favorite for getting fine gold out of heavy black sands, but maybe I just haven't perfected the technique yet. Over all, I'd say it's been worth it for me so far.

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wierd, looks an awful lot like the grizzly gold pan from sluice box, inc. At least works the same in principle.

After downloading and reading the instruction manual, it functions exactly like the grizzly gold pan. Looks like the plug has been redesigned, and the handles make it look easier to handle.

I got my grizzly when I first got into prospecting, and that thing was a huge pain in the butt. Every time you go to set it down, it would fall over. You have to have a fairly good size hole to pan into as you have to shake the thing side to side a goodly amount. I lost about 4 plugs for it before deciding to start leaving it at home. So far, the pyramid pro production pan seems to share all these same faults. Just my two cents, take it or leave it.

I will say this though, a $100 gold pan better walk itself to the river AND find the gold. I could get a super sluice, garrett, trinity, and astrobouncers' 26" mother-of-all-gold-pans for less than that.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130219_220529.png
    ForumRunner_20130219_220529.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a guy with the Pyramid last year. He needed to be deeper in the river to wash his materials, stayed bent over the whole day and took way longer to process a 5 gallon bucket that it does a regular sluice box with less work.

My 11 year old son wants to prove me wrong as he thinks its the best thing since sliced bread. But with a $100 price tag, he'll never have enough allowance to buy it and say I told you so....

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sid: you'd be amazed what I got stashed in my backyard after 10 years of prospecting! Lol

Joel: I just learned a parenting tip! Ha

I just want to be clear. I have never used the pyramid pan and it could be the best pan ever designed. What I do know is the designs of the two pans are very similar and I have used the grizzly to prospect aprox. 20-30 hours and it did catch f ine gold. But traditional pans worked much better amd faster for me. Not trying to bash anyone.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I spent some time with a friends batpan and was not so impressed. It works well for what it is but it was far too small for my taste and the magnets too easily overwhelmed with black sand (creeks in metro Denver have a LOT of bs)

Last edited:

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the Batpan video, cleaning out the black sands from the magnets would seem like a pain.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched the Batpan video, cleaning out the black sands from the magnets would seem like a pain.

Actually they wipe right off as the magnets are on the outside. Easier than separating them from the gold. Its just a different way to go. I probably should have given it more time but the first pan I grab is the Garrett Super Suice, the 15" pan with 2 large riffles. Use what works best for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread