Emily Camp Odyessy

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT--fantastic post and much history and pertinent info as proven miners fight for rights. Now private property as Patent Property and many millions :icon_thumleft: and millions in gold :icon_sunny: . Typical FS ways of burn it to the ground and offer pennies on the dollar. They wanted some of my claims here in Shasta county and burned me out with backfires a couple of summers ago with napalm from a chopper. Same same backfire excuse even though the fire was MILES AWAY AND UPHILL where it would not and could not burn me out. BLM blew up General John Freemonts rock house on my claims in Mariposa county to screw me outta my claims and paid $26 for 13 acres as no longer habitable --dirty scum suckn' dogs- >:( tons a au 2 u2 and I will be watching these again when time allows-thanx much-John

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I agree John, had stored my equipment against the wall where FS told me to. For the winter, spring came when a fire broke out miles away. They would not let me in to move it.

Attachments

• IMG_0633.JPG
    IMG_0633.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 352

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It all sucks. And trust, who?
We came upon our 8" shot full of holes and left to sit on the bottom and camp destroyed, had don't mess with the law all over it. We know who did it. >:(

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
we dont have the mother load here in nw missouri. we were told we could pan and use sluice but no dredge or suction high bankers. now they tell us no sluice only pans .i said what the hell i know we are on dnr land but it is only a half acre land and enough room for about 6 medium size tents. a piece of exposed bedrock the size of a foot ball field even when the river is at regular running depth. the river chanel is about a 300 yards wide at the bend but only about 30 yards at the beginning and end of the bend and maybe 20 yards in the middle of the bend have water running in it .we find garnets and gold and the gold is fine maybe 1-2 times a year some one i the club will find a flake and one member has been going there for 20 years and found a picker the size of a bb.some times we find prehistoric plant life that looks like beads and after a good rain you might find wooly mammoth teeth pieces or a prehistoric sharks tooth about the six of a house cats claw.there is no special fish that breed in that river and the catfish are deep back in the muddy baks so we aint messin with fish breeding grounds . i think we will have to call a gpaa lawyer and see what can be done and get a rules book on gold prospecting on dnr land that our tax dollars and fishing and hunting permits money are used to maintain these lands we are being told we can can hardly use for our hobbie

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
olepossum calling the GPAA is a waste of time! they wont have any pertanant info for Missouri DNR land, besides when your on state/county/city land you go by theyre rules! as resrtictive as they maybe! Missouri DNR is very green. i wanted to have a local tv station film me at a Missouri conservation area (CA) .i asked for permission from the local Ranger and invited him and others to be there and they all wanted to and were ezcited about it. but he needed to ask his boss, well his boss had to ask ...........well it went up the food chain and the finnal answer was , NO, not while he is boss over this land! all i wanted to do is have a film crew video me panning in a tub. no water or material was tobe removed from the stream or me even be in it,and no material would be dumped on CA land. just filming only. i invited the local ranger to goto a club outting in Mexico Mo. and i said id drive but he never called back. and everyone knows there aint no gold in Missouri, right?? sometimes a person just needs to think out of the box for results that work!

OP
OP
S

shamantreasure

Greenie
Jan 1, 2010
South Dakota
Glad you guys like the videos.
With any luck I will get to fly out to Emily camp summer 2012 for three weeks to dredge and metal detect.
That besides dredging on the Rogue should be a blast.
And my uncle has claim around Mt. Shasta so I will metal detect there once the season is over in Oregon.

Scribe

Feb 18, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang:Those are some fantastic documentaries! It's been a few years since I've gotten to go prospecting so I tend to watch a lot of the videos people make on their claims so I'm a bit of a fan when it comes to these. The history/background and the operation are great and it looked like you did some awesome editing. I'll be eager to see some more.

Scribe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions