Jeffro

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
rebel003 said:
Is it just me or are the three stooges working that one dredge? I find myself pulling for them to find no gold and the captain gets lock up for being a sorry baby daddy and paying no child support. It looked as if they were only taking the very top layer of material off the bottom? :BangHead:

Yes I noticed that right off myself. Every shot underwater seems to be the start of a new hole, yet some of the guys are ecstatic about seeing gold fly up the nozzle. How come we aren't being shown an actual dredge hole punched? Just weird. You know the guys with the backhoe are getting on down there :)

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea,they never show it in the box either :dontknow:

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think one of them commented that the rookie learned to dredge from watching Youtube videos :read2: :thumbsup:. looks like the three of them learned from watching the hoffmans...
how long before the owner send them packing?

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rebel003 said:
...how long before the owner send them packing?

A better question: how long before I give up watching due to being sick and tired of listening to the one guy curse and complain all day? He wants to blame everyone else for his lack of success. But I guarantee that his problems are his own fault. He's a total screw up that can't look at himself in the mirror and realize that HE is the problem. Not everyone else. Thank goodness for DVR's. When his sorry face comes on the screen I often just fast forward. Hopefully the owner of the boat will send all three of them packing and I can actually enjoy watching the show again.

One thing's for sure, the Hoffmans must be kicking themselves. They spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and move tons and tons of dirt to find a measly few ounces. The boat with the excavator digs for 8 hours and walks away with more gold than the Hoffmans find all year.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That excavator set up on the Christine Rose is beating all the suction hose totals combined :o
Last nights haul was fantastic :icon_thumleft:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
very simple! the more material you proccess the more gold youll get! and they do more material in 1 hour than the dredges are doing all day!

:thumbsup:

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KLONDIKEIKE ... tell us more. Is (was) the beach open to the public, is there private beach property. How do you get to the gold bearing beach, say a mile or so down the beach, are there roads that go along the beach. Is the sand frozen this tie of year?

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
very simple! the more material you proccess the more gold youll get! and they do more material in 1 hour than the dredges are doing all day!

I'm no prospector but I would also assume that the deeper you go the more gold you get. That excavator is likely going much deeper than most of the other dredges. Some of those dredges are barely scratching the surface.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know someone earlier said they were working on claims, but it sure doesn't look like it from the show. It appears they just head out to a spot and drop hose to prospect.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mts said:
russau said:

I'm no prospector but I would also assume that the deeper you go the more gold you get. That excavator is likely going much deeper than most of the other dredges. Some of those dredges are barely scratching the surface.

It makes you wonder if any of them have ever river dredged. Punching a 5 foot deep hole is nothing on many rivers, yet here they are content with just a few inches of overburden.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
mts said:
russau said:

It makes you wonder if any of them have ever river dredged. Punching a 5 foot deep hole is nothing on many rivers, yet here they are content with just a few inches of overburden.

Yea,he lost me on the dragging thing,that made no sense.#1 you are just scratching the surface#2 how is that prospecting?He now has no clue where the gold he did get came from?

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
I know someone earlier said they were working on claims, but it sure doesn't look like it from the show. It appears they just head out to a spot and drop hose to prospect.

There is a , whats called Recreation Mining Area(s) , that goes from avg hi tide line on the beach, out 1/4 miles into the sea. No claim needed for that, in the NOME area, the permit was $150. But More permitts may be needed this summer. It is for up to 6 or 8 inch dredge suction nozzle mining. It appearrs that the Christine Rose is alway just past the 1/4 miles line, or else just within it. The other water area is owned by the State and auctioned off as claims. So I'm not sure what the C Rose is doing. Also the 'ranger' went out 2 miles on last weeks show. He may just be doing whatever without a claim.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and the 1/4 mile from shore is also the surf line and a great place to go down as 10X the floatation needed, zero visability and even less good days to mine than in deeper water. As you can see from BS Gold show visibility is terrible and surf line is insanity-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

HommerSimpson

Feb 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well After we get moved up to St Augustine in a month or so. And get settled in. and do some exploring there. I was thinking of getting some old friends together. Maybe 4 of us. And load up in 34 foot old RV we got and head to nome. If possible. How long a drive? if you can even drive all the way there. Were can you park a RV for free and still dredge for gold. Can you dredge in the same place they are dredging on tv show ? in that area ? Thanks .. ALL info will be nice.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I predict this show and all the gold they are getting is going to cause a new Gold Rush to Nome :headbang:

Good luck to all :icon_thumleft:

GG~

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
HomerSimpson, Sorry ole boy, but the only way to get that RV to Nome is by barge. ??? There are some so called roads in and around Nome but none to it. Barge or Plane, the choice is yours. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread