paydirt

Feb 27, 2006
SUSSEX COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
has anybody purchased any bags of paydirt . are any of those offers worthwile. i read GOLD PROSPECTOR mag. and see ads from Felix Paydirt, R R Paydirt,Alaska Paydirt etc. i have gotten some sample bags. they didnt seem to have much of any thing in them. i remember when they sold bags for 30 and 40 dollars. now that the price of gold has gotten so high bags go for 130 to140 dollars a bag plus shipping. any suggestions?

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:blob7: Get up offn' your bootie and go FIND some and then you'll also meet some great folks. Join a local yokel small club,be it Gold,Gem or detecting, as fulla great retired folks with claims,equipment and more than willing to ease them newbie blues and stay away from goldbags. If ya want to practise simply use bbs or tiny lead shot to pan as specific gravity is MUCH less than golds. That way not only have you learned how to pan but learned GOOD as ifn' ya can keep that lead in the pan ,gold is righteously easy from that point on. ---John :hello2:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Paydirt is ok the first time but then ya gotta find your own! TTC

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
If you want cheap pay dirt, go to H.D. or Lowes and buy a 50lb. bag of sand and run that. For about $4 you may be pleasantly surprised.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told this last summer that a mining operation in Oregon was selling there nuggets to an operation in Alaska who was putting them into these bags so it just goes to show that you have no idea what you might get from who knows where.

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Armchair prospector said:
If you want cheap pay dirt, go to H.D. or Lowes and buy a 50lb. bag of sand and run that. For about $4 you may be pleasantly surprised.

Yep , it depends on what area you live in , but gold does get found in that sand a lot. You can email the company to find the approximate location the sand came from in your area ( dont go by whats printed on the bag , thats just the home office ). Ive found a few gold flakes myself in them , Ive also read a lot of stories where people have found gold in the bags even when the sand came from what was thought not to be a gold bearing area , with some nice looking pics of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions