K River in OK

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Greenville NC at the moment but am planning on moving back to Durant OK (my home town) soon and I'm a GPAA member as well. My question is K river a really good place to go?
Second Blue river runs through our place and about 6 years ago a friend and I used a sluice box on Blue and found a few spec's of gold, has any other OKIE'S prospected Blue river and in what area?
Blue river on our place is 1 mile north of HWY 70 E. and i have access to over 3 miles of this river. I now have a 3 1/2" high banker dredge combo set up.
Thanks for any and all replies...
PS it says I'm a new member to Tnet...but I'm not, I just reactivated my account...LOL.. :hello2:
OKIE

Upvote 0

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an Oklahoman, in North Texas, Bonham to be exact, and have a proline 2.5" combo unit. I am interested in anyplace in the area to go, I have heard there is color in the Red River, anyone else heard that ?
South of Durant, on the Red is a sand plant. They classify their sand for the building industry and ship it to TX. I heard that they find a little black sand in their equipment. So it might be worth a little testing with the dredge.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Ive tested the blacksands that came out of a sand -n-gravel plant in Illinois and found it had fine gold in it. the most concentrations were in their hoppers for their 36 inch sand screw. they dump this BS back into the tailings race before any frezze. they've been doing this for over 20 years. we went over to where the BS dumps back into the tailings race and found more fine gold , but they bulldoze it and spread it out when it gets deep. it was a lot of fun while it lasted!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am an Oklahoman, in North Texas, Bonham to be exact, and have a proline 2.5" combo unit. I am interested in anyplace in the area to go, I have heard there is color in the Red River, anyone else heard that ?

I have also heard there are fines in the RR especially the area south of the Wichita mountains, but I have never tried panning it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread