New video series I started about prospecting

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Prospecting With Astrobouncer: Season 1, Episode 1. Version 1.01.

This is the first episode of my prospecting adventures. Usually I tell a story like this through forum posts and pictures only, but I believe more people will enjoy those stories as mini-movies. I try to take the viewer along for the trip. I am still learning how to do this so stay tuned for more and better episodes!

Upvote 0

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool Astro , keep it up. Now quick - go make another one ! :whip2: :thumbsup:

ckd315

Greenie
Sep 13, 2011
NW Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Good camera work AB. I really like seeing that latest d/t sluice in action... Looking forward to Part 2...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice video & nice color....... I will be watching for more of your videos........

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for the comments guys, here's the 2nd video in the series! Hope you all enjoy!

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Question how far do you hike in with those waders on? And wouldn't it be easer and nicer on your feet to use boots and put the waders on when you get to your site?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Liked your second video also.... I would just like to find any kind of gold up here in ohio.............. but were i am no gold.......... I have to travel to look for gold...

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for the comments guys! Looking back watching it I think I went a little overboard on the subtitles for the 2nd one, 3rd one wont have not quite so many.

How far I hike in depends on the spot. Sometimes 5 mins, sometimes 45. But I rather wear the waders then carry more on the pack! The pack might look small but its way heavier then 60+ pounds. I carry more stuff then what is shown including camera stands, rock hammer/pick, classifiers, food + canned food + drinks, survival kit with knives, first aid kit, plus a weapon for protection, etc. I learned over time you gotta have all that stuff cause soon as you dont bring it with you will need it!

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I for one enjoyed the video and the music. :thumbsup:
Thanks Astrobouncer.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea! It will be well recieved! TTC

OP
OP
Astrobouncer

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Here's episode 3.

It was raining when we went out, so I was unable to setup the camera tripod due to the water would have ruined my camera. I had to film in the rain and shelter the camera, so the video is not the best it could have been.

For prospecting, I used my custom punch plate drop riffle sluice I made, and Dr Phil used the Prospector model Bazooka gold trap. You can see how well my custom sluice handled the clay, it did better then I thought it would. I haven't seen how Dr Phil did on his final sluice cleanup yet.

Only used subtitles twice in this one. Next video will not be shot till I can film it with the normal tripod setup (IE not in the rain!).

Hope you guys enjoy.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Astrobouncer :hello2:

Thoroughly enjoyed the videos :notworthy:
Music was great also!

Keep up the good work :icon_sunny:

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread