gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll never get the tiny gold unless you classify MUCH small than 1/4! You need an 8, 12, 30 and 50 mesh screens to classify your cons. You can't expect small gold to hang around with 1/4" boulders kicking it out.

You are absolutely correct Jason...small gold usually won't hang with 1/4 inch boulders for sure. That's not the problem I have though. The Gold Magic saves and holds the really small flour gold with no problem....it just doesn't separate it from the black sands like I was hoping it would....thereby eliminating the tedious "finish panning" chores to get clean small gold. :icon_thumleft: I'm still playing with different settings and getting a lot more small gold with less black sands each time I run my concentrates. Every little bit helps. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I get it. I don't know if there is anything other than mercury that can pull gold out of black sand. Either that, or you need to smelt it all so that the tiny gold all forms together.

Jan 6, 2013
shasta county, ca
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug, jobe highbanker with extended sluice, manual gold magic wheel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It shocked me on how well it worked. I had a 100% gold recovery!!!

Jan 6, 2013
shasta county, ca
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug, jobe highbanker with extended sluice, manual gold magic wheel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:headbang:keep turning it clockwise till all of your gold is in the catch cup, then turn it counter clockwise and slowly splash water into the cup. this is why i prefer the non motorized model.

luckynugget

Jan 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SANY0238.JPG
Here's a pic of some of the small gold I've got with my gold magic. I screen it to 1/4" first. Seems to get most of it the first time through.

farnorcal

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
redding, ca
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have no loss of gold when using mine. I even run mine at 55 degrees. I also run up to 2 inch material. Have always had great recovery. Replaces a sluice box any day!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions