Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I have started to pan through my bag of sand. I have been finding at least 1 piece in each pan I do. One pan I did tonight had 3-5 pieces of small gold in it. I have been throwing the bag around for a little while, keeping it upright the whole time, so I am thinking I should find more gold the further down I get in the bag. Just a theory but won't know until I actually get to the bottom though.

It seems like this could be an isolated bag, but if I would end up making a profit, or I'd I even come close to it, I will definately be trying to get another bag to try.

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jerry311 said:
Lets see some pic's of what you find :whip2:

Sorry, but for the most part I have been just putting the gold I found right in a vial with my other gold.

I did however, take one picture that you can see under the thread "Strange Rock". I found it in the bag of sand, along with a few other pices almost exactly like it.

itsmoody

Greenie
Nov 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have ran some sand for California and I found fine gold but having the issue of getting it.

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a thought; if you have one, sneak a Falcon MD20 in and scan all the bags of sand...see if you get any hits LOL!

itsmoody

Greenie
Nov 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry the sand bags have so much fine gold. But I'm having trouble getting it out.

reptwar1

Jan 24, 2013
Russelville Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by accident, i bought quikrete play sand, and found ALOT of black sand with more flour gold than i found in the all purpose quikrete sand. 1/8 of my play sand was black sand:)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
im going to try o buy a trailer load of freash river sand and gravel from one of these barges that keep the Missouri river at a 9 foot deep channel. i want the "right off the barge' stuff. ive got my trailer ready to get it and a place to spread the unwanted gravels. this might be cheaper/easier than getting a permit/claime/drive time to where there is gold without also buying panning bags.i probly can get a trailer load of material as cheap as 1 bag of panning materil.we will see! plus in California where theres a dredgeing ban, why not let someone else get your materil without you being at risk of a citation!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great plan Russ. Looking forward to hearing about all the cool stuff you find in that material!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread