Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: creeks to pan for in s.c

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • s.c gold

0 0%
  • creeks and areas to go in s.c areas

2 100.00%
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By goldhuntertim
  • 1 Post By Docster33

Thread: finding gold in south carolina

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    roblisa

finding gold in south carolina

robbie.... i'm trying to locate some areas in the south carolina area of sumter .camden.ridgeway. are just sc. places to go to pan for gold that anyone know thats had luck there.i've heard of flat creek. i'm knew at this and like to find someone in the sc area that might want someone to go panning and looking for gold..i've study alot of places to go to. but i need somewhere that is not tresspassing.. if you can help please do so. thanks robbie

us
    Nov 2004
    Edwards,Missouri
    MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
    36 times

Re: finding gold in south carolina

Go to this site and click on 'forums'.They do a lot of SC panning.I just bought a bag of concentrates from them.

http://forum.goldgrubbin.com/forum/

damz68

Re: finding gold in south carolina

Hey Rob,
    I live in Greenville and when I do pan I go to Sumpter NF around Abbeville. I have a permit and it is good for guest. I know that is a good distance from the Sandhills area but it is about the only spot in SC where you can pan without tresspassing. I know the Lancaster/Chesterfield Co. area is good, or that is where the Haile Mine is. That area is all private property, if you can manage to find out what Co. owns that land now they might let you pan. Bad thing is the mining that has gone on there has left a nasty mess that may leave you feeling a bit light headed. I would think the Lynches River upstream from Haile may be good and if you can find a road that you can access the river by than it is not considered tresspassing as long as you stay in the river.

us
    Jan 2014
    Fountain Inn
    Prospecting
    I was up at the Sumpter NF over on the Clinton Johanna side and found quite a few areas I'd like to prospect you said that you had to get a permit to pan there?

us
    Mar 2014
    west columbia sc.
    org. gold bug ,prism 3
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    hello bradsallbusiness just passing through and seen this yes you do need a permit and you can get it by calling the edgefield long crane ranger district speack to Glenn Kansenback not sur of the last name the number is 803 637-5396he will take your info and then he'll send you the permit and where to dig and what & what not to do hope this was helpful
    oifbusch likes this.

us
    Aug 2014
    Abbeville, SC
    5 times
    Sumter NF is literally down the street from where I live...about three or so miles. I have never panned for gold but have a gold pan kit in the mail and really interested in going out and trying my luck...anyone know of any clubs in the area? and also goldhuntertim, is there a fee or price for the permit? i know nothing about the laws and regulations yet...thanks

us
    Jan 2013
    Beaufort, SC
    14 times
    Ouf- call the ranger station. Tell them you would like a permit. It is free. Only pan and shovel. They will mail you a permit and a map of where you can and cant pan. Its kinda tricky to judge where its ok to in some places but you will get the jest of it. Best of luck there. I have went a few times and found a bit here and there. Wish i could take my sluice or gold cube lol
    oifbusch likes this.

us
    Aug 2014
    Abbeville, SC
    5 times
    Hey Docster...thanks man...im goin to call the number for the long cane ranger district tomorrow. I cant wait until my Barretts Deluxe Pan Kit comes in the mail...im already researching the geology of the area and lookin at makin my own sluice and manual hand pump dredge system...i have high hopes for this area...so much gold, diamonds, rubys, amethysts, and more....even Beryl has been found right down the street from my uncles house...anyway, i think i already have the fever and havent even been out panning yet

Charter Member
    us
    May 2011
    MASATHVSETS/Vermont
    XP Deus, Minelab CTX3030, Garrett AT-Pro, Pro-pointer
    710 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    i had a little luck panning in some of the creeks that lead into Lake Jocassee. Nothing chunky, but definitely got some nice colors.

us
    Jan 2010
    Greenwood, S.C.
    White's XLT, MXT, TDI Fisher F75 Garrett AT Pro Minelab GPX 5000, Explorer SE Shadow X5
    2 times
    oifbush,

There is a club out of Augusta that had a small claim on the creek right behind Bladen's Country store in McCormick. Store closed now. There gold is fine/flour type. Saw a few pickers come out of there in years past. On Another note : Small gold operation was being operated on same road the Candy Branch Rifle Range is on. Place was more nearer to Highway 28 than the rifle range. Think it was called Confederate Gold Mine. Can find gold in creek that runs beside this place. Beware!!! Do not trespass on this claim. Owners not friendly to stranger's. Look up on local GIS to see where property boundries are.

us
    Aug 2014
    Abbeville, SC
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Clem / South Carolina View Post
    oifbush,

There is a club out of Augusta that had a small claim on the creek right behind Bladen's Country store in McCormick. Store closed now. There gold is fine/flour type. Saw a few pickers come out of there in years past. On Another note : Small gold operation was being operated on same road the Candy Branch Rifle Range is on. Place was more nearer to Highway 28 than the rifle range. Think it was called Confederate Gold Mine. Can find gold in creek that runs beside this place. Beware!!! Do not trespass on this claim. Owners not friendly to stranger's. Look up on local GIS to see where property boundries are.
    Thanks Clem/South Carolina,
    I will try some of those creeks close to Confederate Gold Mine ...also, today i think i found my first gold here in Abbeville/Antreville area
    Disabled US Army Veteran-SGT-Forward Observer 13F 2006-2010, Operation Iraqi Freedom-07-09

Sponsored Links