Gold in CT

ctjonb

Feb 22, 2012
Conn.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello
I'm John I am New to this site, I have just recently gotten interested in panning for gold with my kids after watching gold fever on tv, it has started a new hobby for us which I find to be great bonding time and also a perfect excuse for us to play in the mud and water together lol

I guess my question is, Has anyone tried any panning in Conn ?

I have read there has been gold found in lead mine, Farmington river, and around litchfield county.
I have tried in lead mine several times, If I am lucky I maybe found some specs of flour gold unless it is ground up mica, there is a ton of it in that brook, but lots of quartz as well. I am saving it so eventually when I get more I think it will be easier to tell.
Thank You
John

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

ctjonb

Feb 22, 2012
Conn.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you, That is some good info, I will have to do that,

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
There is supposed to be a brook in the village of Beacon Falls in New Haven County where gold has been found. Having said that, I think you will find some fine glacial gold in many CT streams with a good gradient and cobbles and bedrock to slow and catch the gold.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
If you told some people you can find gold 12 miles from downtown New Haven, they would have you taken away by the Men in White Coats. But, 'tis true!

craigcal56

Sep 9, 2013
Nice little Picker today 3/31/2015 LEADMINE

Hello
I'm John I am New to this site, I have just recently gotten interested in panning for gold with my kids after watching gold fever on tv, it has started a new hobby for us which I find to be great bonding time and also a perfect excuse for us to play in the mud and water together lol

I guess my question is, Has anyone tried any panning in Conn ?

I have read there has been gold found in lead mine, Farmington river, and around litchfield county.
I have tried in lead mine several times, If I am lucky I maybe found some specs of flour gold unless it is ground up mica, there is a ton of it in that brook, but lots of quartz as well. I am saving it so eventually when I get more I think it will be easier to tell.
Thank You
John
Was up leadmine today gate closed parked and walked in tried up there last year nothing today finally a nice small little picker mathhead in the black sand in the bottom of my pan found it at home cleaning out about same size as a wood matchstick head moving to AZ in july my sister has all the hot spots Wickman san domingo wash black canyon lynx creek all right there plan on getting a twenty acre claim Blm land

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread