HAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Claim Jumper Get Jumped.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
5.gif

http://auburnjournal.com/detail/200910.html

Upvote 0
S

stefen

Twisted One said:
When you buy a gun, you learn the laws, when you buy a car you learn the laws, when you buy a fishing pole, you learn the laws, and when you buy a metal detector....well, you learn the laws. Absolutely
And it is quite interesting that one guy was carrying a .45 concealed, was he protecting himself from wildlife, or was he expecting trouble? In answer to this last comment regarding the .45 concealed...the possibility it was for protection from rattlers...the area is crawling with them...

Now how did they obtain a vial of dust...dry panning? The article did indicate tools but not specifically any panning equipment. The MD units would have been useful to find the ore sample mentioned...

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
As i had said in an earlier post this is my neck of the woods, I pass this claim on the way to mine.
This is a hard rock mine/w tunnel and only one way to get to it unless you are a mountian goat.
It is posted all over so they knew it was their. This is not the first time this mine has been jumped, and they got caught to. They should be put away for along time.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
igornance is no exscuse of breaking the law! try telling the judge/police that you didnt know what the speed limit was,and see if theyll let you off the hook!or be out in the woods with a deer rifel without a hunting permit when the game warden stops you!

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ignorance is a great way to plead, and insanity is even better. Its done all the time, and people get away with murder, so why not get away with having some flakes in your flask.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
russau said:
igornance is no exscuse of breaking the law! try telling the judge/police that you didnt know what the speed limit was,and see if theyll let you off the hook!or be out in the woods with a deer rifel without a hunting permit when the game warden stops you!

I don't know where you are from but here in California the roads all have speed limit signs posted at regular intervals. Most of us grew up wanting to drive and learning the rules. When we go to get a license the rules are further pounded into us. So ignorance of that law is not an excuse.
When taking up hunting here you have to get a license, to get a license you have to go to a class, where the rules are pounded into you. Ignorance of those rules are not an excuse.

When you go to buy a metal detector, there is no license, there is no class, nobody is pounding the rules into you. It is up to the person to research it, and if someone were to take up the hobby on the spur of the moment, the chances that they spent the time to learn the rules behind it are pretty slim.
Are you suggesting that perhaps they need to develop a class, and license system to address the problem?

OP
OP
homefires

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Yea, a $37.00 a year license like fishing would be good too.

How about Catch and release on nuggets under a Gram?

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
homefires said:
Yea, a $37.00 a year license like fishing would be good too.

How about Catch and release on nuggets under a Gram?

I haven't done any nugget hunting yet with my MXT Pro, but I'm not sure it will find much under a gram :p

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Twisted One said:
russau said:

I don't know where you are from but here in California the roads all have speed limit signs posted at regular intervals. *******my location is right there in front of you! im from Missouri ,and even here we have a free permit to go metal detecting in certain state parks. ANYONE with a little common sense knows to check the rules/laws where your doing your activity! anyone metal detecting for 8 years( like this jerk) and carring a concealled .45 knows what he was doing and should have been cited and his gold/and gun been confisgated and him arrested! green judge/green citizens/friends of his should be ashamed of their comments! they know better also! he was stealing and didnt want to get caught, so thats why he had a .45 with him!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread