OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
as i try to make plans for this comeing year,the weather is a big factor. last year it stopped me from going to many places,even my planB,planC, and my planD. now with the fuel prices soaring it may even get my planE! i may just have to work closer to home this summer!
[/quote]

I fully understand I have been off work for over a month due to a car accident (IE bank account getting empty) I am going to try some creeks that are within a hour of me.It is a long shot but gold was found in the mountains leading down to the creek I am going to try.I just enjoy the hunt the yellow stuff is just a bonus.I got lucky the last outing and did very well but the land owner now knows he has gold and dont know if I will be able to go back.
Happy Hunting
Jeff

carb897

May 2, 2012
woodward, oklahoma
Detector(s) used
excal 11 , explorer se, garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi i'm from woodward and have gotten interested in panning. Any decent locations to try in oklahoma? I would to go with someone to show me the ropes sometime.
Jarrod

Stand Watie

Mar 24, 2012
Greenwood SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Just wow!

Congratulations OKbasspro. :hello2:

Man that's some good chunky gold you have in that pan. I would love to find some like that in my pan one day. If I saw that kind of gold in my pan I'd probably wet my pants. :laughing7:

I bet you can hardly sleep from the anticipation of getting back under that waterfall. I'd have to take a sleeping pill to sleep after finding that kind of gold.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi i'm from woodward and have gotten interested in panning. Any decent locations to try in oklahoma? I would to go with someone to show me the ropes sometime.
Jarrod

Welcome to the TN Jarod K river in SE oklahoma is the best bet.It is all fine gold but I have found some match head pickers on bedrock.I go a couple times a month I will be there for a weekend or two in July and August you are welcome to join me and try your luck.I have a 2 inch dredge highbanker combo that we can use.I would be happy to share my knowledge with you.They are having a big treasure hunt Memorial day weekend.I will try to make it then here is a link to there web page.
K River Campground you can check weather and river levels before you drive.

Happy Hunting

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife actually suggested going to K River campground tomorrow :) I'm guessing we'll stay the night so I might actually get some real time to pan and sluice. Gotta love a woman that puts up with and encourages our "fever" LOL

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's the GPAA weekend isn't it? God I would love to be out there that weekend.

Yes it is you are welcome to join in and get some run time on my equipment I am planning on getting there Sat and staying to Sun evening.If you go just find the hillbilly with the black Rhino also ugly white F250 with 20ft flatbed.Just ask the host where Jeff Russler is he will point you to me they know me well.

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it is you are welcome to join in and get some run time on my equipment I am planning on getting there Sat and staying to Sun evening.If you go just find the hillbilly with the black Rhino also ugly white F250 with 20ft flatbed.Just ask the host where Jeff Russler is he will point you to me they know me well.
We just got back and I didn't get a speck of gold :) Was great to get away from everything for a while though. I'll see if I can get one of those days off. I only work 3 days a week but it's Sat, Sun and Mon so it's a bit difficult to get any weekend time off.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We just got back and I didn't get a speck of gold :) Was great to get away from everything for a while though. I'll see if I can get one of those days off. I only work 3 days a week but it's Sat, Sun and Mon so it's a bit difficult to get any weekend time off.
My work schedule will change this summer only work 3 days one week and 4 the next we will have to hook up and dredge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread