59.6 KB · Views: 716
Upvote 0

Mint_2k

Jan 22, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent find! :hello2:

I was talking to OKIE yesterday about OK gold. I'm in the Houston area, and we were talking about TC in NC, and and KR camp. That's probably the closest place to me. I hope to head over there after I get my high banker built. It's about a 6.75 hour drive from me, but I have a friend out in Edmond, OK. If you don't mind me asking, were you dredging or high banking? Looking good! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mint_2k said:
Excellent find! :hello2:

I was talking to OKIE yesterday about OK gold. I'm in the Houston area, and we were talking about TC in NC, and and KR camp. That's probably the closest place to me. I hope to head over there after I get my high banker built. It's about a 6.75 hour drive from me, but I have a friend out in Edmond, OK. If you don't mind me asking, were you dredging or high banking? Looking good! :icon_thumright:

Dredging only 3.5 ft to bedrock

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was that from K River? I remember you mentioning on a different post that you were going to be heading that way.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Nothing like the Yellow Gold.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
forhorsmn said:
Was that from K River? I remember you mentioning on a different post that you were going to be heading that way.

No on pennigton creek I got it under a waterfall 2 days dredging damn near froze to :hello2: death

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn, that's more gold than I've seen anyone pull from a spot in OK! Congrats!

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jason in Enid said:
Damn, that's more gold than I've seen anyone pull from a spot in OK! Congrats!

It was on a friend of a friends property I am hoping he will let us back it was virgin ground.Now my fever is really bad.The old man that owns it has pulled a lot of rings and such below the waterfall it was a popular place with the party crowd back in the day.Less than 2 hr drive :blob7:

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GrayCloud said:
I am turnin GREEN with envy. :BangHead:

We need to get together with OkIE and Jason from Enid and Invade K River this summer not huge gold but it is there.I got about 15 little tiny pieces yesterday.My son got 2 decent mercury coated pieces upstream.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
I am game Okbasspro. :thumbsup:
Just keep me posted and we will make it happen. Any color beats no color. The enjoyment is in the hunt, no matter how much we conplain about a dry run. :tongue3:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm down. Just have to plan it around my job to get a weekend off.

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When i get there we will most defiantly get er done!! nice gold OKBP, would love to find some like that on Blue River :dontknow:

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im ready to put this 5inch in the water and start sucking some gold up.im in lousisiana not to far of a drive fore me so lets all get togather and find some gold.

Ranger.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When we get closer to summer lets all set a long weekend and invade K River but be warned I have run into a lot of people that say "I have been watching the gold shows and I want to find some gold".They dont understand that it is possible to dig all day and come up bust.I am in this hobbie for the enjoyment the yellow stuff is just a bonus.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
russau said:
if i go, it would be for two weeks! without me checking the net for this info, is there any permits needed for dredgeing or any rules for OK????

Hello russau if you are going to K River then no it is private land.The other areas in the witchitas are off limits they are in a preserve and on Ft Sill Mltry Base.Keep us posted I would like nothing better than to spend some time searching for the yellow rocks with someone as well respected as yourself.
Regards
Jeff

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Hello russau if you are going to K River then no it is private land.The other areas in the witchitas are off limits they are in a preserve and on Ft Sill Mltry Base.Keep us posted I would like nothing better than to spend some time searching for the yellow rocks with someone as well respected as yourself.
Regards
Jeff
[/quote] as i try to make plans for this comeing year,the weather is a big factor. last year it stopped me from going to many places,even my planB,planC, and my planD. now with the fuel prices soaring it may even get my planE! i may just have to work closer to home this summer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread