Hit me hard!!!

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: U.S.F.S. Hit me hard!!!

sorry for your loss , hope you can get it back.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well folks is it time to ban together, all of us across the United States, and fight them legally or are we just going to watch this happen and Loose our Rights as Citizens of what used to be a good country?

It is up to us! I donated my gold from 2010 to fight this I hope others are willing to put up or stand responsible for the loss if we do not fight them...........63bkpkr

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not exactly Sushi. While we all hate to see someone lose their equipment adding to the hysteria doesn't help the situation. You CAN carry firearms, loaded or not in California. Their are restrictions however. Incorporated areas are one of those restrictions as are schools and State buildings. So unless your claim is in downtown Placerville and you're not wearing a mask, carry away.

Getting a concealed carry permit is a good idea and counties with populations under 200,000 generally give them easily.

BTW- there are newly enforced seasonal road closures and forestry rules but they are federal reules not state ones. Everyone should check them out and protest these closures.

Hefty I hope you get your stuff back soon.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri

if you know exactly who took the gear, then id go there with a camara and other people to back up your actions and claim it was stolen and recover it right then! theres just too much of this going on NOT to take action on it!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Theft is theft no matter who does it. Don't know what was there but your rights as codified under the 1872 mining laws state specifically you can leave equipment,just not a mess. Knowing your heritage I dam well know you didn't do that. These idiots are JOINTLY AND SEVERLY LIABLE FOR FELONY CRIMINAL THEFT. Sue immediately in small claims but talk to them first to get them to ADMIT in front of a witness they took it and sue sue sue the dog and bring the pain home to them personally and the crappola will stop. Fast to get to court in small claims and then you ruin the SOBs credit by placing a lein on his house--payback is a real byatch and I truly hope ya jump on the wagon ASAP to save others-John :evil5: :evil5: :evil5:

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sushi you can call the feds anything you want. With 90% of the local forest roads closed right now I'm not happy with them at all. I was just trying to clarify that it is legal to open carry in unincorporated areas. It is actually encouraged in the National Forest.

I guess what frosted me was the bashing of California. I've lived here for over 50 years and it has more to offer in terms of open space than any state other than Alaska but people who've never been here (not you) think they have a right to bash it. The feds took Hefty's stuff not Cal Fish & Game so it had nothing to do with the current dredging situation.

I do hope this is resolved in a quick and equitable manner.

regards-
C-dad

SushiDog

Oct 5, 2010
Sacramento, California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark (Under water unit)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Calisdad....this one is for you....and then I am leaving this Forum as a direct victim in what important here...
I was born in the cesspool now called south central Los Angeles in February of 1951....and the left wing whack jobs run this place...
So there's your pissing contest, and I am outta here.....unsubscribing.........I wish everyone else well....SushiDog

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What about PLP

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound

I am with Russau and Hoser, Take photos, document and file charges. Like Backpacker stated, if needed, we can help with the legal fees to fight them all the way to John Roberts Courtroom. >:(

ironworker

Tenderfoot
Feb 29, 2012
Baldwin Park,ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

:thumbsup: will help fight getting out of hand with all the restrictions
just found out that all recreational panning and sluice boxes are banned from use in the entire angeles forest so for all the prospectors living in the area have to drive about 70 miles to prospect talked to the usda forest department on the phone today and they confirmed with me what is on their website our rights are slowly vanishing in just about everything

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ironworker,
Thank you for that input even though it is frightening to hear about. What a crock!!

And yes, it is time we ban together for what may be out last stand especially if we do not band together to fight the people who are shutting down our God Given Rights. And yes that means we need to pay some bucks to file law suits against those that are trying to shut down mining by us simple folk, at least I consider myself to be simple folk......63bkpkr

Ironworker,
What part of their website spells out the ban on sluicing and panning? I looked but could not locate it.

Thanks......63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup: You nail'm to the cross as I got gas and matches and burn down the house a cards and lies-John :icon_pirat: :angry5: :angry5:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Fight it Hefty! For all of us. I am not rich but am declaring now that I will donate to your legal fund. Yes. Also, make sure you have the press releases sent out at the proper time. Make "LOTS OF NOISE!" I mean it about the funds. Not alot, but what I can give. Just make a sincere effort. I'm here. You can get ahold of me. Keep the faith, brother! TTC

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ironworker said:
:thumbsup: will help fight getting out of hand with all the restrictions
just found out that all recreational panning and sluice boxes are banned from use in the entire angeles forest so for all the prospectors living in the area have to drive about 70 miles to prospect talked to the usda forest department on the phone today and they confirmed with me what is on their website our rights are slowly vanishing in just about everything

Ironworker,

I have seen nothing in writing to that effect. I have seen instances where USFS Rangers have lied to prospectors about the Angeles NF being withdrawn from ALL forms of prospecting.

Read this:

http://www.prlog.org/11708372-us-fo...o-prospectors-non-responsive-to-citizens.html

Best - Mike

OOOOPS!

Spoke too soon. I emailed the ANF Rangers and got this reply:

We have the info posted on our website on the right side under Highlights. Here is the link:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gjAwhwtDDw9_AI8zPwhQoY6IeDdGCqCPOBqwDLG-AAjgb6fh75uan6BdnZaY6OiooA1tkqlQ!!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfMjAwMDAwMDBBODBPSEhWTjBNMDAwMDAwMDA!/?ss=110501&navtype=forestBean&navid=091000000000000&pnavid=null&cid=null&ttype=main&pname=Angeles%20National%20Forest%20-%20Home/

John D. Wagner, M.A.
Assistant Public Affairs Officer
Angeles National Forest
U.S. Forest Service
(626) 574-5206

Here is the link:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/angeles/home/?cid=stelprdb5356908

Mike

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009

Heres a comment about that law from PLP.

well let me start by saying i cannot fathom the lack of education and taking of any groups comments for their word without researching to the fullest to verify any situation that they claim to have knowledge of.That being said i shall educate you a little on prospecting in the angeles national forest specifically the east fork of the san gabriel river.In 1924 the biggest fire to date up until the station fire burned the watersheds of san gabriel ,san dimas tujunga,and pacoima watershedsburning over 50,000 acres in response to this the 70th congress on 29,may 1928 put through public law 578 which withdrew certain sections of the angeles where the fire burned for water conservation and reforestation of the watersheds from ENTRY and LOCATION under the mining laws .if you look up economic appraisal of the sheep mountain wilderness usgs bulletin 1506 A-E on page 86 it states “lands in the anf were withdrawn from mineral entry in 1928″**** to conserve the water resources and to encourage reforestation of the watersheds”(public law no.578,S.4135-70th congress Then it goes on to say “the law DOES NOT PROHIBIT PROSPECTING and allows ENTRY to proven ore resources “you might say how why does this usgs surveyor state this well if you read the public law you will see there is no penalty I.E. 6 months in jail or a fine .Do you think congress would pass a law without ramifications of breaking it ,i think not so lets delve into the law and what i does from a legal standpoint .
If you go to http://www.blm.ggov/cadastral/Glossary.htm you will find definition used by blm and the definition for
ENTRY-An application to acquire title to public lands .
ENTRY ALLOWED-An application to acquire title to public lands which has been approved
LOCATION-In mining ,the perfecting of a right to possession of a mining claim for mining purposes
so as you can see if you look at the law its penalty is you cannot enter application for title of land from the government and you cannot stake a claim these are the penalties thats it nothing more .we at public lands for the people are continuing to educate the agencies to the meaning of their own laws and regs as for they always twist them for their own purpose ,,and interpret them their own ways even though the legal meaning is totally different .We have forwarded this definition to the forest service and they have backed off on saying we can no longer prospect.
For your organization to mislead you and for you to take anyone’s word without researching it yourself as any person should, to verify the accuracy and then to go into forums etc. and spread your misinformation to others whom also take your word and rely on you for accurate information is disturbing to say the least.unfortunately this is how america works i like to call the 95% that dont research stuff ,the sheep they are easily mislead .
hopefully this explains why usgs geologist stated prospecting is not prohibited ,also if you obtain a map of the watershed act you will see that not the entire anf was withdrawn if youd like a copy email me ,also its not a felony to prospect where this person got that info is rprobably from his behind have a great day
Education is the key to the preservation of your constitution rights
ron strand
plp board member east fork research
http://www.plp1.org

From : http://lariverflyfishing.com/2012/0...uction-dredge-mining-ok-on-san-gabriel-river/

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hey Astro... Tnx for the input. Well done. TTC

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gollum post the e-mail address for this Wagner ranger dude so we can all e-mail him with the correct info about the law. Thanks Edson

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Go to Gollum's post. Hit the link in the bottom left. It opens the USFS page and again in the bottom left is 'contact us'.

I got the same response this morning. They know the rules. They just don't want to lead everyone to the information. You would be wasting your time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread