DSC00247 - Copy (640x480).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 3,299
Upvote 0

roscoerossie

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good thread thank you. If i have any questions do you mind if i ask them thanks from PA.

ohiochris

May 6, 2009
Im thinking of making one like this. Any way you could explain how to make the gate valves ? Thanks

Maitland

Mar 15, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Detector(s) used
White's Silver Eagle, Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like an interesting idea, have you had a chance to try it out yet, and if so does it work well?

OP
OP
williamsingr

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some more pics I will put up as soon as I can figure out where they downloaded to my computer. Ask any questions you want this was rather easy to make once i figured it out,,I probably spent about 5 hours at the store that day. And yes it works extremely well with large chamber and gate valves the suction is powerful enough to clean up a gravel area fast.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need to understand the gate valves and how you made them/ bought them or what ever. I've made a hand pump to pump into a 5gal. bkt. but haven't got it wet yet. I used typical check valves bought at home depot. I've also got a 1/4" classifier screen on the suction tip to cut down on gravel plug up problems with the valves. Do you have to manually open and close the gaet style valve. some poc's would be great to understand what you've done.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the check valve/gate valve is a rubber cap (pressure check cap)thats used to pressure check a plumbing system.its found in with the plumbing suppies. you slip this over a PVC pipe and tighten it down with a hose clamp and then slit the upper edge of it with a knife about 300 degrees around it and place it in the system so when you draw back on the suction rod it opens the check allowing material to enter the tube and at the same time closes the other check to prevent any material to backup in your device. these check valves work just the opposite direction each time the handel is pullled/pushed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread