"HOOSIER GOLD DADDY" Mini Wash Plant W/Shaker DIY

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"HOOSIER GOLD DADDY" Mini Wash Plant concentrator W/Shaker DIY

Been needing to come up with a system for processing the fine and flour gold that the HOOSIER state (Indiana) is known for.
I wanted something that was capable of processing 1,000 lbs. of material an hour. Something that would fit in the back of my GMC Jimmy, and that one man could easily transport and operate.

I started off with an aluminum bakers rack and some 1/8" sheet aluminum that I purchased at a salvage yard. For the classifier I used 3/4" expanded metal for the top tier and then 1/2" expanded for the second run slanted in the opposite direction and then 1/8" stainless steel wire mesh for the third and final run. All tiers are slanted at 15 Degrees.

Underneath the wire mesh I built a double hopper to funnel the 1/8" paydirt into either two 5 gal buckets when the unit is seperated or directly into the top slick plate of the bottom sluice section when the two units are attached.

To get it shaking I mounted an 18V orbital sander to the back of the top hopper powered by a 12V deep cycle battery. The spray bars for all three tiers are powered by a 6,480 GPH 6.5 HP pump.

The bottom sluice section is designed similar to a "gold cube" in that it uses vortex mat and the tiers are set at 15 degrees and a 1100 GPH 12V pump is used for the water supply. Mine differs from a traditional "Gold Cube" due to the unique design of two gold traps I installed and my tiers are each 13" wide by 26" long, giving me a total sluice length of a whopping 78"! And a classifying length of an additional 78"!
Plus I can even dredge into it! Also the classifier section will work wet or dry.

"HOOSIER GOLD DADDY"

hgd1.jpg hgd2.jpg hgd3.jpg hgd4.jpg hgd5.jpg

Go for the gold!
GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw it and it is definitely sweet!!! The Gold Daddy catches the the heavies for sure and a lot of it!! I foudn some small specs and a couple tiny flakes. I still haev a lot of black sands to final pan to get the gold out.

Forget digging and panning which can take all day just to get a 1/8lb of black sands and fines. This thing gets loads of it quick and easy!

Buddy we need to take that back out there when I get back up that way! Next week!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw it and it is definitely sweet!!! The Gold Daddy catches the the heavies for sure and a lot of it!! I foudn some small specs and a couple tiny flakes. I still haev a lot of black sands to final pan to get the gold out.

Forget digging and panning which can take all day just to get a 1/8lb of black sands and fines. This thing gets loads of it quick and easy!

Buddy we need to take that back out there when I get back up that way! Next week!!!

Sounds good to me :thumbsup:
By then I'll have the classifier dialed in with even more shaking power!

GG~

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Z you need to read the Indiana rules before you do anything else! in Indiana you can use up to a 5 inch dredge,but read the rules first!!i cant stress that enough!

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go good guy. I love homemade. It's part of our human legacy. We are not the only creature on the earth that builds things, but we may be the only creature who enjoys it. Here's an idea, let's have a convention, like the GPAA Gold shows, and have a homemade awards show. I'm taking this idea from another convention I go to called the RTMC(the Riverside Telescope Makers Conference)and Science Expo. It's great fun. It's in big bear. I even get some mining in while I'm there. They have homemade telescope competition awards. They are really amazing.
If miners had a similar competition, yours would be right up there with the best. Maybe we could do it on line here?

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go good guy. I love homemade. It's part of our human legacy. We are not the only creature on the earth that builds things, but we may be the only creature who enjoys it. Here's an idea, let's have a convention, like the GPAA Gold shows, and have a homemade awards show. I'm taking this idea from another convention I go to called the RTMC(the Riverside Telescope Makers Conference)and Science Expo. It's great fun. It's in big bear. I even get some mining in while I'm there. They have homemade telescope competition awards. They are really amazing.

I actually won an award for my telescope build at the Apollo Rendezvous held in Dayton Ohio by the Miami Valley Astromical Society back in 1989.
Have you ever been to the Texas Star Party at the Prude Ranch? You will see every kind of homemade telescope imaginable there.

GG~

Last edited:

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Goodyguy,

Nice build you got. I always love to read about interesting DIY projects like yours. Congratulations. Are you still using it? how is it performing, after all this time?

Cheers :)

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Goodyguy,

Nice build you got. I always love to read about interesting DIY projects like yours. Congratulations. Are you still using it? how is it performing, after all this time?

Cheers :)

Thanks Gelmac,

It's still going strong, haven't used it yet this year. I only have about 20 hours on the vibrator but so far so good, I have an extra if needed.
I did make a few changes such as improving the mount for the sander. I have two mounted but only run one, the second one is for a spare.
vibrators.jpg vibrator.jpg

I also added valve springs to the bottom plate where the legs attach.

springs.jpg

My current project is adding a 4" dredge to a 14' pontoon boat for dredging the rivers. Got the idea from watching Boring Sea Gold on Discovery Channel.

I spelled Bering as Boring on purpose. :tongue3:

GG~

Last edited:

Gelmac

Apr 30, 2012
Sudan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gelmac,

It's still going strong, haven't used it yet this year. I only have about 20 hours on the vibrator but so far so good, I have an extra if needed.
I did make a few changes such as improving the mount for the sander. I have two mounted but only run one, the second one is for a spare.
View attachment 732456 View attachment 732457

I also added valve springs to the bottom plate where the legs attach.

View attachment 732458

My current project is adding a 5" dredge to a 14' pontoon boat for dredging the rivers. Got the idea from watching Boring Sea Gold on Discovery Channel.

I spelled Bering as Boring on purpose. :tongue3:

GG~

Now you gonna make me want this unit ASAP and hurry up to the fields to start digging and test it out :hello2:

It's a smart thoughtful device . I have some of the parts in hand but not all , it may be the time to revisit those junkyard places to look for something that can be salvaged. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions