"HOOSIER GOLD DADDY" Mini Wash Plant W/Shaker DIY

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"HOOSIER GOLD DADDY" Mini Wash Plant concentrator W/Shaker DIY

Been needing to come up with a system for processing the fine and flour gold that the HOOSIER state (Indiana) is known for.
I wanted something that was capable of processing 1,000 lbs. of material an hour. Something that would fit in the back of my GMC Jimmy, and that one man could easily transport and operate.

I started off with an aluminum bakers rack and some 1/8" sheet aluminum that I purchased at a salvage yard. For the classifier I used 3/4" expanded metal for the top tier and then 1/2" expanded for the second run slanted in the opposite direction and then 1/8" stainless steel wire mesh for the third and final run. All tiers are slanted at 15 Degrees.

Underneath the wire mesh I built a double hopper to funnel the 1/8" paydirt into either two 5 gal buckets when the unit is seperated or directly into the top slick plate of the bottom sluice section when the two units are attached.

To get it shaking I mounted an 18V orbital sander to the back of the top hopper powered by a 12V deep cycle battery. The spray bars for all three tiers are powered by a 6,480 GPH 6.5 HP pump.

The bottom sluice section is designed similar to a "gold cube" in that it uses vortex mat and the tiers are set at 15 degrees and a 1100 GPH 12V pump is used for the water supply. Mine differs from a traditional "Gold Cube" due to the unique design of two gold traps I installed and my tiers are each 13" wide by 26" long, giving me a total sluice length of a whopping 78"! And a classifying length of an additional 78"!
Plus I can even dredge into it! Also the classifier section will work wet or dry.

"HOOSIER GOLD DADDY"

hgd1.jpg hgd2.jpg hgd3.jpg hgd4.jpg hgd5.jpg

Go for the gold!
GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks nice GG!
When are ya going to try it out?
Grey

I've been using it!
Going out again tomorrow :occasion14:
I like it ......No ...I love it :love5:
Maybe get some photos of it in operation creekside tomorrow.

It's just hard to stop long enough to take a picture once you get started feeding it. :tongue3:

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
OK GG,what happened to the guy that was in the wheel chair?? come on ,fess up,what did you do with him??:):) actually this is another nice project youve done!congrats to you!

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK GG,what happened to the guy that was in the wheel chair?? come on ,fess up,what did you do with him?? :):) Actually this is another nice project you've done! Congrats to you!

Thanks Russ,
Those wheel chair wheels really do a great job, and sure make it easy to roll from car to creek. I just lean it back toward me like a two wheel dolly and away we go. (the wheels were salvaged from a broken chair found in a dumpster)

GG~

Last edited:

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks real good! I like active imagination that ends with an accomplishment.

How tall is it when the classifiers are on top of the sluice? How high do you have to shovel?

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks real good! I like active imagination that ends with an accomplishment.

How tall is it when the classifiers are on top of the sluice? How high do you have to shovel?

Actually with the wheels off (just remove one clevis pin per wheel) and it's only 4-1/2 feet to the top hopper. Just dig an area 1-1/2" feet deep to set it in and you only have to shovel 3 feet high :icon_thumright:
Dredging into it would be no problem. Using a conveyer would be ideal but that's a project for another day :tongue3:

Of course it's easy to separate it in two halves for a two man operation. One man to feed the classifier and one to feed the sluice with the classified material. (You can sit down to do that)

GG~

nickmarch

May 30, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any other projects in mind?

I asked you a question about coverings for miller tables in the thread about flour gold in Indiana? I think Indiana?

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Dang Buddy, You do have the inventor knack. Good job on the build and looking forward to feeding it soon. Do take some photos of the Indiana Gold Beast in action for us.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Buddy, You do have the inventor knack. Good job on the build and looking forward to feeding it soon. Do take some photos of the Indiana Gold Beast in action for us.

At the creek before the digging started...............

hgd6.jpg hgd7.jpg

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Buddy, Looking at the two additional buckets under finishing sluicing. Are they setup to catch or just there for temporary storage? Does look like a very good fine gold getter.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy, Looking at the two additional buckets under finishing sluicing. Are they setup to catch or just there for temporary storage? Does look like a very good fine gold getter.

Setup to catch :icon_thumright:

"Underneath the wire mesh I built a double hopper to funnel the 1/8" paydirt into either two 5 gal buckets when the unit is seperated or directly into the top slick plate of the bottom sluice section when the two units are attached."

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
carefull GG! your going to start to get into the position im in right now! haveing all this equipment and then needing a place to store it all when not in use!but nice work!

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have any other projects in mind?

Next project will probably be a high production gold separator made out of a washing machine incorporating the centrifugal method.

Last edited:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
We have a lot of black sand on the beaches here and am always looking for ideas.
Thanks for your ideas my friend.
Grey

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been needing to come up with a system for processing the fine and flour gold that the HOOSIER state (Indiana) is known for.
I wanted something that was capable of processing 1,000 lbs. of material an hour. Something that would fit in the back of my GMC Jimmy, and that one man could easily transport and operate.

I started off with an aluminum bakers rack and some 1/8" sheet aluminum that I purchased at a salvage yard. For the classifier I used 3/4" expanded metal for the top tier and then 1/2" expanded for the second run slanted in the opposite direction and then 1/8" stainless steel wire mesh for the third and final run. All tiers are slanted at 15 Degrees.

Underneath the wire mesh I built a double hopper to funnel the 1/8" paydirt into either two 5 gal buckets when the unit is seperated or directly into the top slick plate of the bottom sluice section when the two units are attached.

To get it shaking I mounted an 18V orbital sander to the back of the top hopper powered by a 12V deep cycle battery. The spray bars for all three tiers are powered by a 6,480 GPH 6.5 HP pump.

The bottom sluice section is designed similar to a "gold cube" in that it uses vortex mat and the tiers are set at 15 degrees and a 1100 GPH 12V pump is used for the water supply. Mine differs from a traditional "Gold Cube" due to the unique design of two gold traps I installed and my tiers are each 13" wide by 26" long, giving me a total sluice length of a whopping 78"! And a classifying length of an additional 78"!
Plus I can even dredge into it! Also the classifier section will work wet or dry.

"HOOSIER GOLD DADDY"

View attachment 621040 View attachment 621041 View attachment 621042 View attachment 621077 View attachment 621078

Go for the gold!
GG~

WOW
...you have been busy...looks great though , keep it up show it in action...peace

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions