Gold Prospecting in Durango,CO ???

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a GPAA club in Durango, but their website is screwed up at the moment. Look it up (Google, Bing, etc) and you'll get a name you can contact (or send an email to). There are places to go there, but I am only aware of the GPAA claims (not in Durango, but nearby) - you'll need to be a GPAA member to use the GPAA claims. I am sure there are other places to go, especially near Silverton.

OP
OP
Kev2008

Kev2008

Greenie
Mar 27, 2012
Farmington,New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a GPAA club in Durango, but their website is screwed up at the moment. Look it up (Google, Bing, etc) and you'll get a name you can contact (or send an email to). There are places to go there, but I am only aware of the GPAA claims (not in Durango, but nearby) - you'll need to be a GPAA member to use the GPAA claims. I am sure there are other places to go, especially near Silverton.
Thanks for the tip !!!!

indystiles

Mar 30, 2012
Ogden, Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AQce 150, Tesoro Silver Umax, Bounty Hunter 1200 top of line.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lived =27th 2012 Non-Profit Open Treasure Hunt in Ogden, Utah for only a $39. fee.Ouray a number of years...tons of spots to "Find" also we have a May 26.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go over to the San Luis Valley. Just finished reading a book about it and it talks a lot about the claims of gold and silver. The history time frame was in the 1870s but still gave a lot of information. I was born in the San Luis Valley and lived there for a couple of years as a kid. I do remember picking up the quartz, arrow heads stuff like that. I am not a prospector, but after reading this book and if I still lived there I would be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread