ROYAL 30" SLUICE BOX...ANY GOOD???

mattisdell1983

Mar 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys, I just purchased a royal brand 30"x 7"wide sluice box and was curious if anyone else out there have ever used one and if so what are your thoughts on the quality and how much gold it traps if setup correctly...Thus far I have only been panning and have only seen a couply of really tiny flakes so im hoping this would be the next best step for getting more gold an getting it quicker? any thoughts would be great, thanks, matt

p.s. I know rules are different from state to state and county to county, but I live in an area that has one of the cleanest rivers in the us ( smith river,california) and I believe its okay to pan and sluice, just no powered operations...Any thoughts on who to call to find out if this is true??? Parks and rec?, the county? im just getting started, thanks matt:icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• yhst-128052838411176_2199_209171.jpg
    yhst-128052838411176_2199_209171.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,834
Upvote 0

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like just about every box I've seen, so it should do fine. I would however put the wingnut on the underside, with it on top it will interfer with a smooth flow over that riffle.

Gramps

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
whatever you do, DONT contact/asl the parks and recreation department unless you want to dig in "their" dirt/stream and i really doubt theyll want you doing that. instead contact a gold club in your area and ask them or better yet join their club !!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Preclassify dry if possible down to 1/2" prior to feeding and you'll be a much happier wealthier miner. Tell no bureauratz a bloody thing,get the local rules regs IN WRITING as all else is nuttn' but bs-John

OP
OP
M

mattisdell1983

Mar 31, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats great advice' thanks everyone for responding, I really appreciate the help, matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread