Question about saving your cons

Mayor

Apr 3, 2012
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new here and have many questions. I am in the Mother Lode of CA near Jackson. Have panned and messed around with a home made power sluice or high banker many years ago. Just starting again and have purchased a Jobe and my son-in-law has a blue bowl. Never realized how much gold I was missing. Now reading this forum I have been saving my cons and putting them in a bucket. I have found that using the blue bowl that it works better if I sucked off each run at -30, -50 and -100. but have never changed the bucket just dumped in all together. It has occurred to me that maybe I should clean the bucket under the bowl each time and save the cons in separate containers as if I need to go over them again I don’t have to reclassify. Does this made since or not? Also have been putting all my fines in one vial which has lots of black sand in it. Should I separate the fines according to size as it is easy to pick out the +30 and even the -30 and most of the +20 with tweezers? Lower than that it gets nearly impossible. Just wondering, and thinking that this way it may save me lots of work later. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread