Universal Plumbing?

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
:icon_scratch: The question is! Has anyone had the problems I am experiencing trying to use a 12 volt pump with existing plumbing for a blue bowl and retrofit it to another application. I was going to try to and explain the whole situation but thought otherwise. I need an adapter (3/4 pvc pipe that will accept a male garden hose) 3/4 pvc to female garden hose adapter. I've tried Home Depot, Ace Hardware The local feed store. No luck. Should I start over, buy another pump and plumb it using hose clamps etc. I'm trying to get my miller table operating without spending a lot more than what I have. I'm learning nothing comes cheap.
Wayne

Upvote 0

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try your local irrigation supply house, john deere etc. they sell the PVC to hose bib adapters. not a common item, and mine had to order them for me when i was doing irrigation, so i ordered a bunch. mainly cuz i'm kinda gorrilla handed and tend to break things LOL.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with DH that the fittings are available. Here in California there is a company called Tractor Supply Company and they have an internet site they sell from {tractorsupply.com} and likely the parts could be ordered that way.

I have to smile at both of your comments - "nothing comes cheap" & "gorilla handed" as I recognize each of them. If it comes cheap it is the wrong thing, it breaks early and many times takes something along with it. If I'm gentle with it, it leaks and if I tighten it snuggly it warps another part or breaks or when I need to remove it, it breaks. At times it seems like we are just vexed and to relieve that sensation we go out prospecting. Have fun.

Wayne, Good Success with the project.....63bkpkr

Last edited:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure how you are going with this.
You can get an "end fixer" for either end of a regular garden hose from Ace or many places.
Has a male barb that goes into a 3/4" hose and either sex you want .
Made for when you run over the hose end with your vehicle.
My local Ace has pvc to male hose ends.
Also, some folks just throw away old hoses that have leaks.

BTW you guys never heard of "pipe dope"?
Not the smoking kind, the rubbery stuff that is used like silicon tape to seal pipes.
Don't have to be so hard handed.

Or rubber hose gaskets?

Just a thought.

Grey

Last edited:
OP
OP
stilllookin

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
Ace did have the male end garden hose to pvc but not the female end. I want to leave my plumbing for the Blue Bowl the way it is and be able to disconnect the pump and attach it to either the Miller Table or Blue Bowl. I didn't try Tractor Supply But another road trip and I will find out. I was about to pull my hair out yesterday after spending most of the day looking for 1 fitting. This morning I'm going to step back and see if I wasn't blind sighted to an easier fix because of my frustration. Thanks for the ideas.
Wayne

" Tap Dancing on the Brittle Edge of Sanity" love it, fits my day yesterday to a tee

Last edited:

DirtyHowi

Oct 6, 2006
somewhere in the middle of nowhere iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 Thank You Santa :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most garden hose is 5/8ths (at least the cheap ones are), never seen a female version of that, only the mail version, you may have to get a short length of garden hose and put a couple of female fix its on it to get the desired effect.

the other way to get er done is to get a 3/4 slip by slip union and a 3/4 x 1/2 thread bushing, glue the bushing into one end of the union and glue the union to the pipe, then you can put a standard brass hose bib with a 1/2 mail end going toward the water and be able to turn it off to boot.

OP
OP
stilllookin

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
You guys have me thinking. I think you've done it. If I use the Male garden hose to pvc adapter from Ace Hardware, I'll need a pc of hose with 2 Female garden hose ends (Howi) or the quick disconnect ( which I like, from 2screwed). With your help I think I can try the Miller Table tomorrow. Hot Damn. It will work or the drinks have clouded my thought process.
Wayne

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just cut a hose in half and leave the male end attached to ur blue bowl and attach the female end to the miller table and when u want to change it change it out at the pump, what's the difference in where u make the disconnection. thats my redneck thoughts.

God bless
OKIE

OP
OP
stilllookin

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
Miller Table.jpg

It is nice to know there are people out there that share my interest. My table is nearing completion. I found the fitting finally that will allow me to use my pump with both the Table and Blue Bowl. I was looking for a PVC fitting which does exist but couldn't find one quickly. The fitting is a brass swivel garden hose to PVC. Which many of you probably saw in your own mind but couldn't pound into my redneck head. I run some -50 through it and it looks like it will work pretty good. I will build a stand next to make setup easier but had to do a test run (if it only had some gold in it).
Astrobouncer was the inspiration for this table as well as well as other projects I have seen in his threads. Keep the DIY project coming. I'm not getting much gold but am enjoying myself. Thanks everybody.

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey stilllooking, those are bilge pumps try a boat store they should have the fitting that goes on the pump and has a barb fitting you can attach a hose. highdesertranger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions