Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold Hog Matting...it's the BEST..

Klondike here...

I am not associated with Gold Hog Inc in any way... I am just an old experienced miner...kind of old school in some ways...lol

Anyway.. I am using a very simple sample sluice box as I sample my property prior to placing a much larger commercial system in place...

The box is 10 inches wide...top half is 4 foot long.. bottom half is 3 foot long... both boxes outfitted with Gold Hog matting a combination of both the UR and Srubber matts in the top..just UR in the lower....

We run the boxes at 2 1/4 inches per foot... and 75 gallons of water a minute...and haven't found any gold in our tailings...yet...

These samples are from the worst part of our property.. very high on top of the claim...no round rock ay all.. doesn't look like river gravel at all... and the gold is small at this part of the claim...at first we didn't think it was worth processing...a typical sluice box would not capture it....I know ..we tried... but now we're excited by using the God Hog matting...

What you see below is from a 1/2 yard run bucketing the dirt into the sluice header..no spoon feeding it...nearly
swamping" the upper box......and you'll see the result in pics below...

These pics are from te same pan.. but from different areas of the pan...and the pan was NOT moved around at all....you are seeing new gold in each picture...magnified about 300 times...most of the gold is so small it is just barely visable to the naked eye...You may see these same pics of mine on a different post...

The Gold Hog Matting is incredible from capturing small gold...I recomend everyone use it.. you'll capture more gold...for sure...

Good luck to everyone...

Klondike...

Attachments

• 1st run top red dirt haf yard.jpg
    1st run top red dirt haf yard.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 350
  • 1st run top red dirt haf yard 2.jpg
    1st run top red dirt haf yard 2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 398
  • 1st run top red dirt haf yard 3.jpg
    1st run top red dirt haf yard 3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jjhall68

Jun 23, 2014
NW Washington
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector heavy weight, Gold Cube, Blue bowl, Garrett, 2" Keene dredge.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LRC253, would have to describe his GH mat configuration, but what I can tell you is that I cleaned up the cons from our last trip and the fine gold recovered was amazing, down to 150 or 200 mesh over a hundred of theses for sure.
I even panned out a couple dozen pieces of lead number12 or "rat shot" plus little bits of copper wire the diameter of hair and 1/16" long. I was very impressed.

image.jpg

All the best,
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread