False advertising :(

soggybottom

Greenie
Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF you order Anything from Var co
(at Bulk Blue Water Suction Hose-Varco /)
make positive you talk to them BEFORE payment.,,, now to explain my hostility ...

i went to there website and ordered 15' of there suction hose for 52.50 then entered all my info and got a price of 22.05 for shipping to my address,,,, well today i get an email saying that the shipping cost is going to be 35.00 HIGHER !! because they have to put in in a special box. so i told them i wasnt happy with that price and explained that there website said nothing of a possible "extra" charge and i was told thats the way it is take it or leave it.... nice way to do business.... so my order has been cancelled and im back on the hunt for some 3" suction hose.. anybody know where to get it that wont try to rip you off??? thanks

Upvote 0

Desertman50

Dec 15, 2011
AZ Desert
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IF you order Anything from Var co
(at Bulk Blue Water Suction Hose-Varco /)
make positive you talk to them BEFORE payment.,,, now to explain my hostility ...

i went to there website and ordered 15' of there suction hose for 52.50 then entered all my info and got a price of 22.05 for shipping to my address,,,, well today i get an email saying that the shipping cost is going to be 35.00 HIGHER !! because they have to put in in a special box. so i told them i wasnt happy with that price and explained that there website said nothing of a possible "extra" charge and i was told thats the way it is take it or leave it.... nice way to do business.... so my order has been cancelled and im back on the hunt for some 3" suction hose.. anybody know where to get it that wont try to rip you off??? thanks

If your intent is to use it for a blower-powered dry washer, any RV place carries 3" flexible waste hose. I bought 30' for about $20.00 4 months ago and with extensive use since then, only has a few pinholes.

OP
OP
S

soggybottom

Greenie
Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its for a dredge, thanks for the tip about the other hose for my other projects :)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look in your yellow pages for industrial hose suppliers. IT will be much cheaper than ordering it online and paying the huge frieght for a small amount of hose.

Hickory1

Apr 12, 2012
NE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hardware stores are a great place for prospectors and their want of hoses, ripples, etc.,

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3" not sold in hardware stores. Post state/city and instantly your info will appear like magic---to LL with magic hows about like GOLD---John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread