California miner needs help after USFS employee steals his property from claim - Page 22
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: California miner needs help after USFS employee steals his property from claim

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2013
    42 times
    Prospecting
    Er... so the USFS employee did what he is paid to do: collected what he thought was abandoned property. What's the problem? Just go and get it, and then file a claim for what is no longer reclaimable. How in the world is the USFS doing its job considered "stealing?" The USFS removes a bloody hell of a lot of abandoned items from the forests. It is easy and simple to reclaim: one need merely tell them it belongs to you.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    41639 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertphile View Post
    Er... so the USFS employee did what he is paid to do: collected what he thought was abandoned property. What's the problem? Just go and get it, and then file a claim for what is no longer reclaimable. How in the world is the USFS doing its job considered "stealing?" The USFS removes a bloody hell of a lot of abandoned items from the forests. It is easy and simple to reclaim: one need merely tell them it belongs to you.
    Did you read the article in the first post?

"As the Golden Eagle is very clearly and plainly marked, not to mention the fact that claim records are publicly available from BLM, USFS employees violated Mark's rights by not following through with their fiduciary duties to protect his property."
    russau likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971
    306th Bomb Wing Strategic Air Command
    Lackland AFB, Tx.
    Lowry AFB, Co.
    McCoy AFB, Fl
    Kadena AFB, Okinawa 1968-1969, 1970-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

(PER ADMINS AVATARS AND SIGNATURES DO NOT FALL UNDER RULES FOR RELIGION AND POLITICS)

us
    Dec 2010
    1486 times
    I will not even touch this one...?
    Jeff95531 and sierra_ronin like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Look at the Historical Gold Mining photo albums on my page

Jan 2013
    Huntington, Or./ Stanton, AZ/ former Outlaw California Gold Dredger
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
    4633 times
    Uh huh, and you have retrieved how much equipment from them? Why do they take it when they know it belongs to you in the first place and when it is in use? You go to the store and come back to find your gate open and they left in such a hurry that they don't even lock it back up... It's all to common for them to come grab your belongings and then send a letter to you, giving you 30 days to clean up your clean area, and when you go to your claim the same day, you find that they took first and sent the letter after. Plus they don't know what happened to your dredge, winch, motor home, etc. that one of them now has at home.
    russau likes this.

us
    This isn't a hobby! It's hard work!

Feb 2013
    Golden Valley Arid-Zona
    Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
    6161 times
    Prospecting/Mining and protecting our rights to do so.
    It seems that it's getting more and more common for employees of these state and federal agencies to not even bother with established procedures. If it means more work for them to do it "the right way" they simply ignore the rules and do what they want.

Depending on the area, I can see where it wouldn't be out of the question for a miner not to visit their claim for over a month. This could be because of weather conditions, illness or any number of other valid reasons. So posting a notice at the claim is not always going to get the miners attention that there is a problem which needs to be addressed in the eyes of the forest service. From what I understand, these guys couldn't not even be bothered to look up the actual owner of the claim and send a notification to the listed address which we all KNOW is included in the BLM records. This shows nothing but a lack of even trying to follow the rules on their part and making up their own as they see fit. I seem to remember Hefty stating that his claim was clearly marked and those markers had his contact info on them. Again, no excuse for the improper actions of the rangers.

Heftys' case just goes to show that every claim owner needs to learn and understand the laws if for no other reason than to protect themselves, their investments and their property from over zealous federal/state employees that are unwilling to do their jobs the way they are supposed to. Had the rangers in question followed the rules, a lot of the hassles and costs that Hefty went thru could have been avoided and the USFS could have avoided a lot of egg on their collective faces. That the situation is now repeating itself is the height of insanity on the part of the forest service.

Claim owners are under fire all over the country thanks to the agendas of several different groups that want to take our rights away from us. If we allow them to succeed, we would be hard pressed to ever be able to regain those rights. These groups are not going to stop at just miners! Once they're done with us, they'll be going after hunters, fishermen, off road enthusiasts and every other section of the public that uses public lands for their enjoyment. I feel that we as claim owners and miners need to band together with other users of the public lands and let our voices be heard in our state capitols and in Washington. If we remain silent, our way of life could very well be lost forever.
    sierra_ronin and russau like this.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/
    The one stop place for mining matters on public lands!

"Those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" John F. Kennedy

When I joined the Army I took an oath to protect this country from enemies both foreign and domestic. To the best of my knowledge I've never been relieved of that oath and will continue to follow it to the best of my ability.

Apr 2014
    851 times
    DizzyDigger, Joanne and Seden like this.

Aug 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    285 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by M.E.G. View Post
    I wish this was just a parody rather than a documentary....

Apr 2014
    851 times

Apr 2014
    851 times

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links