California miner needs help after USFS employee steals his property from claim

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
California miner needs help after USFS employee steals his property from claim without any notice. Please spread the word.

http://www.jeffersonminingdistrict.com/legal-news/USFS-Terror-USFS-steals-miners-property-from-california%20-miner.html

Kerby Jackson
Chairman - Jefferson Mining District

When will we finally, as a group, stand together against this criminal assault on a fellow miner?

Oh, so you're too busy huh?

I'll venture to guess that if it was your property stolen in an illegal act, you'd make the time to be involved...

There is power in numbers.. why can't most of you understand that?

Upvote 0

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
I, Mark Hepfner (Hefty) will take this fight to the bitter or blissful end.

I am a Proud Man and have never had to do this before in my life. But this will be an expensive fight, one I can not afford by myself .

So with that said I will bow my head and ask for help.

I, Mark Hepfner (Hefty) am asking for all to help me fight this fight, with any funds you can afford to send.

Thank You.

I will put this request on hold for now.....Thanks All.

Last edited by a moderator:

pops9653

Apr 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to push the issue Mark. At least file charges with the sheriffs dept. There was defiantly theft involved. You can file charges your self more than likely and I would make sure that everyone knows the sheriff didn't do his job either. Especially at election time.

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
You need to push the issue Mark. At least file charges with the sheriffs dept. There was defiantly theft involved. You can file charges your self more than likely and I would make sure that everyone knows the sheriff didn't do his job either. Especially at election time.

Have tried that, have found out Placer County Sheriffs is part of the problem.... It was their helo used by the FS.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Collusion is all part of the delusion of the mfng mess. Keep your friends close and screw everybody else. As always just email/call and I will do my best to assist in any way I can man as the deck is DEFINATELY stacked against you with current new info bud. John :dontknow:

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Well this has been the first memorial day weekend that I have not been mining for as long as I can remember.
Hope all had a safe weekend and full pans.

Back to the fight.

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
On Fri afternoon the congressmans aid called and informed me that the FS had an estimated cost amount for the illegal impoundment.

Estimated! I replied, aid is chuckling in the back ground. Estimated? What good is estimated?

Aid is still chuckling, I know, I know he replies. But I will let you know what they have come up with….so far. Are you sitting down? He asks.

Now I don’t remember the exact figure, as I was still laughing. But the amount was 6 thousand something. But now I am busting up. Are you kidding me??? LOLOL

Now that was the bad news, states the aid. Now the good news is…..1[SUP]st[/SUP] little victory…FS has moved the disposition date back to June 15, 2012.

2[SUP]nd[/SUP] little victory…FS is willing to wave their cost of this illegal impoundment. Leaving the rest of 2 thousand something for the cost of the, you guessed it….the Placer County Sheriffs Helo, which FS is not allowed to wave.

Then tell FS to EAT IT!!! Because I am not paying 1 red cent for their mistake!!!

As we talked, the aid stated that the FS minerals staff is still claiming the claims are overlapping and that they were not responsible for that information.
Thank goodness I showed the aid how to plot out claims within sections as he now knows and can tell FS that they are not overlapping.

Anyways the reason for the extension is that the special agent in charge from the regional office is looking into reasoning for the helo.

Little Victorys….in my eyes.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Hefty1,
Little Victories are interesting and offer some hope for the future. It would have been cold and wet in camp though with a big enough camp fire, some good company, some good food and the like it still could have been a worthwhile outing. I also did not go out due to the knee problem and the weather though I still wanted to. That time is coming though as the river is getting lower and lower. We will both get out there soon enough................63bkpkr

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Onward and upward Mark--my my my pay them to fly out your equipment is bloody dam insipid crappola and give'm LL please. FS/BLM/CDFG popping up all over the dam place now hahaha--wrong places that is ....John:occasion14:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you figured your losses yet to bill to the FS? I bet they add up to more than their bill.

GG~

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you figured your losses yet to bill to the FS? I bet they add up to more than their bill.

GG~

You could offer an olive branch. Tell them if they fly it back in you won't charge them for a mobilization fee. (A mobilization fee is a legal fee for bringing in and setting up equipment such as heavy construction equipment that was pulled out because the general contractor wasn't ready to progress.)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word of caution" When figuring out damages in ANY lawsuit suing anybody for anything you must be able to back up your premise with certifiable income tax documentation and not bluesky and bs. REASONING--as you will end up with a righteous income tax fraud case as you won hypothetically and the they want to know WHY YOU DID NOT FILE AND PAY TAXES ON ALL THE GOLD YOU SPECIFIED AS FOUND--so you win BUT really lose as your submitted evidence dam you. A band a idjets are doing this stupidity now and holy cow what a laugh as I ABSOLUTELY ADAMENTLY refused to associate in any way shape or forum with the band of carpetbaggers trying to cash in on dredge ban--hahaha-jus toss peanuts through the bars at a fools folly-John

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Congressman McClintoks aid called me about an hour ago with the news.....
Regional office is writing up the paperwork for the release of my equipment......all costs wavied. As they should be.

I want to thank all of you that got involved with calls, emails, letters or whatever you did to help.

Thank You All.....:notworthy:

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what an awesome ending congrats man :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions