California miner needs help after USFS employee steals his property from claim

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
California miner needs help after USFS employee steals his property from claim without any notice. Please spread the word.

http://www.jeffersonminingdistrict.com/legal-news/USFS-Terror-USFS-steals-miners-property-from-california%20-miner.html

Kerby Jackson
Chairman - Jefferson Mining District

When will we finally, as a group, stand together against this criminal assault on a fellow miner?

Oh, so you're too busy huh?

I'll venture to guess that if it was your property stolen in an illegal act, you'd make the time to be involved...

There is power in numbers.. why can't most of you understand that?

Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG Marks outta the closet and fighting back,which is exactly what I expected and hoped for,albeit a month late soooo equipment destroyed in direct violation of the codified 1872 mining Laws. Every canon has been violated right down the line and the war is indeed on against all miners everywhere doing anything...EVEN LEGAL OPS such as this. Calls/emails and postings going out Mark and your Pops a rolln'n'his grave on this one bud----much respect to your clan as always-John

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
OMG Marks outta the closet and fighting back,which is exactly what I expected and hoped for,albeit a month late soooo equipment destroyed in direct violation of the codified 1872 mining Laws. Every canon has been violated right down the line and the war is indeed on against all miners everywhere doing anything...EVEN LEGAL OPS such as this. Calls/emails and postings going out Mark and your Pops a rolln'n'his grave on this one bud----much respect to your clan as always-John

Thanks John.
Had to get them to admit that they indeed had my equipment. They returned a 3 page letter full of lies trying to cover their arses. I dont think they were ready for me to responed so quickly. And that I would just go away.

Hefty

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Western Mining Alliance is trying to gather everybody togather also for support of the MINERS rights. I was at GPAA
meeting thats one of the things they were talking about. Heres a LINK:

westernminingalliance.org/

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The arrogance of public "officials" is astounding.

B H Prospector

Feb 2, 2010
Black Hills, South Dakota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not get the real law involved. Call the county sherriff and have tjhe s.o.b. arrested. A law was broken and property stolen. No different than if they took it out of your yard. It's time we start using the law instead of complaining about how they usurp it.

Good Luck!!!

B H Prospector

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all had better take a stand they are taking everything from us, He should go to the PLP public Land for the People they may be able to get his land back.

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Why not get the real law involved. Call the county sherriff and have tjhe s.o.b. arrested. A law was broken and property stolen. No different than if they took it out of your yard. It's time we start using the law instead of complaining about how they usurp it.

Good Luck!!!

B H Prospector

From the notice.. He immediately filed a criminal complaint with the Placer County Sheriff's Department and the FBI, both of which have went unanswered.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bit more about his claim. I spent a bit of time at the claim last year and personally know that there was no trash at the claim as Mark, his brother, myself and others hauled anything not needed or discarded off the claim. The grounds were in good shape and the camp needed to be cleaned up twice last year due to folks stealing his gear(a different incident from the USFS) and a bear attack on the camp. So even with the damage by these two incidents Everything was nice and clean.

My feeling is they decided to push someone to see what the reaction would be. Depending on the reaction they might just choose to push a little more. Who's next? Then again with this type of stuff going on just how safe do we feel about being out there where we could be visited by USFS , DFG or other state, federal agencies, they could do anything and call it justified. It is time to unite and fight back as if we do not they will just keep taking our God given rights away! I'm in!!!...........63bkpkr

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you sue them? Write to your local papers? Bad publicity for them.

FDray

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2012
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It sounds as if Mr. Madrigal made a very bad personal call to confiscate his equipment! A good lawyer would surely get their attention. I did some research on the claim, Mr. Hepfner was legal, if his equipment was legal. The only way equipment can be confiscated is when a fine for illeagal equipment is invoked, only the equipment can be siezed. Until the fine is paid, it is impounded. The rest is personal property. Very poor judgement on Mr. Madrigal's part.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
ON Fox News this morning, One of obamas new epa wackos was caught on tape. He was boasting about how they were copying the invader mentality of going in in force, killing the first people they encounter to shock the rest of their victims into SUBMISSION. This is a government officail making such a statement in reference to the oil and coal industry. However, they are using this same tactic on all of us. Those that do not know or protect their rights, are soon to loose them. We must join together and be willing to defend our rights as Free Men.

OP
OP
H

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Keep on pounding these crooks!
:BangHead:
And thanks for all the help.

Hefty

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep on pounding these crooks!
:BangHead:
And thanks for all the help.

Hefty

Icalled the sherriff and the head Ranger at the forest service i told the sherriff he needs to do his job and i told the Ranger he needs to fire the leo that stoled the mans eq. i also told him that there little agenda21 ant going to work as the popple are wakeing up and the sherriffs do have the right to revoke the forest service police power. i leat it be known that i have been pushing the sherriffs hard to do just that.and also told him they do knot own the public lands that they are owened by us we the popple that they are only intrusted with the upkeep of the lands and thats it.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Hefty, Take this one giant step higher. Contact Fox New and Shaun Hannity. Let them know you are a victim of government over-reach. We can all bombard their web sites in support of you, if you want to pursue this action.:icon_scratch:

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks, I suggest losing the "it's all about Obama" mentality. This stuff has been going on a lot longer than anyone out West has heard of Obama. And he's from Chicago, he don't know carp about this wild west stuff one way or the other, his mental map stops at Denver. Concentrate on what actually happened and the people who are actually involved, don't let your partisan political opinions distract you from the part that's real.

I really like the idea of the local sheriff grabbing some arrogant federal employees by the collar and explaining to them how to avoid jail time.

--Toto

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
If I had clicked on the link in the initial post I wouldn't have reason to ask how I could help. So after reading the link I found out, how I can help. Count me in I will do what I can.

Last edited:

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do think the FS is over stepping their authority and we are getting f$cked by the Agenda 21 pinko-environmentalists.

But on the yellow notice that the FS put up does have a 2 week warning that the equip was going to be impounded. That might be an out for the FS and I think I remember reading that you can't leave equip. unatended for some amount of time or some B.S. like that.

From my experiences with the law, once they take your equip. you will never see it again. Fish and Game took some of my diving gear and the only way I got it back was I went to one of their auctions and bought it all back for $20. Great place to get equip. I bought lots of 5-6 fishing poles for $1-$5. Tons of spot lights from dear poachers and coolers of all sizes.

Hope you beat the *******s.
Edson

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread