gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't realize that it was 63bkpkr's Birthday. Happy Birthday Herb!
Here's hoping you have many more and that you stay in good
health and good spirits. Gold Nuggets :hello:

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
63, don't know you, but I know your posts. Your always incredibly helpful to the people on this board. So, cheers to you on your birthday.:occasion14:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Hoser and Everybody Else,
Why Shucks, Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! I like my birthdays as I get to smile at the numbers, 68 this year and I'm looking forward to 70 in two more years. The actual birthday was a work day and I worked 12.5 hours but that is ok as it was a good day. The job is going so well that yesterday I went out and found an apartment lots closer to work so now I will spend less than a $100/month on gasoline for the old Bronco instead of $100/week. As soon as I start riding the bicycle to work that number will go even lower. I will get the legs back in shape for backpacking trips and save some money all at the same time.

The plans for summer outings are being plotted with the first coming at the end of May, it will be a four day weekend for me as I have Fridays off. It will be a boulder moving trip mixed with detecting and panning. The water has been high this winter so the log that was on top of the "House Rock" is gone and is a good indication of just how high the water was. Should be another interesting year. I'd say the best present I've had for this April was being offered a full time job as it will change my life for the better.

Take care one and all and again thank you for the kind words and wishes.................63bkpkr

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anytime and in every way your positive attitute sure improves my day in light of the current ungodly adversities is indeed most refreshing. I don't know about 12+ hours a work on my birthday but OT casha sure can't hurt in this depression. I'm spending mine at Knotts Berry Farm for playtime with grandkids/son/daughter to party down and ride every insane thang in the park and party all night with my kids till the hounds come home!!! Next day won't be much fun but lying in the warm sand at the beach with a big'ol' bloody mary will reinvigorate and refresh to explore old haunts in LA/OC and pay respects to our fallen heros-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Ditto all the birthday wishes. The treasure you find, is in the people you meet. Happy Hunting...

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:occasion14: I've said it before and I'll say it again ..............

If I'm still alive and doing this at 68 , I hope I can still kick
it like the BackPacker does .

OP
OP
H

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck Takoda I ain't 68 yet and can't even close close to that mountain goat man and that backpak he hauls around---absolutely amazing-John

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Heck Takoda I ain't 68 yet and can't even close close to that mountain goat man and that backpak he hauls around---absolutely amazing-John

And I back what John has said...I have seen him last year carry that thing. WOW!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions