Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-22-12 North Yuba Gold.jpg

Bought a new detector after months of debating... settled on the F75 with the 5"DD. Took it out for a test drive and boy was I impressed. This machine found small gold quick. I spent about 20 minutes playing around and found two of the larger pieces in the vile. I would have used it more, but was trying to teach my dad how to pan and sluice. Next time!!!

Upvote 0

loby

Oct 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiii....

Gold Flake is the largest selling cigarette brand in the world especially in parts of Uttar Pradesh, India.It is sold in various varieties, including Gold Flake Kings (84 mm), Gold Flake Kings Lights (84mm), Gold Flake and Gold Flake Lights. It is a well-positioned brand in India . This brand is owned, manufactured and marketed by ITC Limited, the leading cigarette maker in India.
Other popular cigarette brands owned by ITC are Wills & Scissors. Gold Flake is ITC's middle level brand in terms of price. However the Kings varieties are more expensive with pricing about the same as Wills Classic varieties of cigarettes.
The single largest brand in the country in value terms (approx 14% of the US$150 million market) is Wills Navy Cut, which was launched in July 1963.
After being available for over 60 years, Wills Gold Flake was discontinued in the UK in 1986, but continues to be sold in the Republic of Ireland. It is regarded there as one of the finest Virginian cigarettes on the market, though can be difficult to find. Packets now state that 'in the coming months Gold Flake will become Players Navy Cut.' This coincides with the discontinuation by British American Tobacco (BAT) of Sweet Afton, another long standing filterless cigarette sold in Ireland.

W

wally62us

F75 for gold

View attachment 630674

Bought a new detector after months of debating... settled on the F75 with the 5"DD. Took it out for a test drive and boy was I impressed. This machine found small gold quick. I spent about 20 minutes playing around and found two of the larger pieces in the vile. I would have used it more, but was trying to teach my dad how to pan and sluice. Next time!!!

Just wondering what settings you were using. I cant get my F-75 to read gold flakes.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold, when you find that stuff try to dig out the entire crack and pan it out.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
loby said:
Hiii....

Gold Flake is the largest selling cigarette brand in the world especially in parts of Uttar Pradesh, India.It is sold in various varieties, including Gold Flake Kings (84 mm), Gold Flake Kings Lights (84mm), Gold Flake and Gold Flake Lights. It is a well-positioned brand in India . This brand is owned, manufactured and marketed by ITC Limited, the leading cigarette maker in India.
Other popular cigarette brands owned by ITC are Wills & Scissors. Gold Flake is ITC's middle level brand in terms of price. However the Kings varieties are more expensive with pricing about the same as Wills Classic varieties of cigarettes.
The single largest brand in the country in value terms (approx 14% of the US$150 million market) is Wills Navy Cut, which was launched in July 1963.
After being available for over 60 years, Wills Gold Flake was discontinued in the UK in 1986, but continues to be sold in the Republic of Ireland. It is regarded there as one of the finest Virginian cigarettes on the market, though can be difficult to find. Packets now state that 'in the coming months Gold Flake will become Players Navy Cut.' This coincides with the discontinuation by British American Tobacco (BAT) of Sweet Afton, another long standing filterless cigarette sold in Ireland.

What is with all the post bots lately?!

OP
OP
dagreat

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there,

Sorry I missed your post about F75 settings. I hear I should be using all motion for gold, but the boost mode running around 90-99 sensitivity (depending on ground conditions) with the small coil will pick up a large flake/picker at about 2" or so. I happened to be in a whole a friend was just giving up for the day and let me search around. I had three hits, two were flakes and one was bird shot. Steve at AK mining has some great articles you can read on this and many other machines out there.

Rob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread