Mining Summit , powersluicing. Hoser you be nice.....

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't go last year so I went yesterday, There was so much stuff for sale and the lectures were cool. Didn't learn much new info I did confirm some beliefs however. Talked to club orginizer, geologist,the guy from Roaring camp,Mining engineer who was there and the guys from W.M.A. and they all concur just as my research has that powersluicing is legal and there is no permit needed....as long as you are following the settling pond turbidity edicate you are fine.the water board stuff that popped up recently( but, was written years ago and is just a weird repost) is as I said before not geared towards the small scale or rec. miner. In fact if I go and try to apply for this permit I can't. If required you would not be able to trommel either. if your one of the big ops and running equipment have an N.O.I. and P.O.A. you are most likely gonna have to deal with the waterboard. Fact the hands on outing Friday and Monday Colfax area.... washplant, Trommel, several powersluices, all running water coming from a natural Riparian source.......NO PERMIT IN PLACE!!!!! This outing has been planned, and advertized with photos of said operation for months in the open if "THEY" are watching why would they not jump on such an easy target?????????????????????? The geologist did say that the F.S. in El Dorado County and Nevada co. say you need it but, they don't really know what they're talking about as usual. He is a consultant and deals with this daily and says NO ONE has been Ticketed. So Hoser don't jump on me cause I know you have seen different. He gave me his direct line and told me if I or anyone I know gets hassled to contact him right away cause it would be the first citation he knows of and will help fight it in court. The other thing I learned was that the guys trying to sale stuff knew the least.....I was told by an equipment dealer (from Redding Sorry Oates) that I cant stake a claim on a river....and that If i was mining a claim the waterboard permit wasn't needed but, if I was on Private property i would get busted. I went and sought out this face to face info to bring it here and for myself because since the dredge ban I have been power sluicing and when that waterboard stuff came up i got a little worried though as soon as i looked into it a bit i felt it wasn't quite what it seemed and now I have Industry experts who agree. Hoser I respect you But, you have a tendency to be condescending maybe you mean it maybe you don't , I want this post/thread to be a way for guys like me to discuss this issue so please be tactful with any comment you make.If you have info to add especially about people being busted I would appreciate first hand info not hearsay and stuff seen on T.V. Not tryin to sound rude I have just put some time into this and Don't want any responses that make it sound like I have not. Thank everyone in advance for reading and responding........lets see who rips me a new one first.........:laughing7:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's amazing how the so called administrators of our various levels of goverment really don't know squat!:dontknow:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chip fulla chit--why d LL would I rip ya a good one--howz about a bad one hahahah--such paranoia never seen before from ya WTF????John

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lmao.... not paranoid John....wasn't really worried about you Rippin me...just being told i was wrong in your H.J. shorthand.....sorry to single you out and make it sound like you are worse than you are:tongue3:........I do know you are the most fed up Miner on here do to your experiences. Like i said I respect you alot and sense of Humor doesnt always come across well on posts. I was trying to wrangle a little more indepth info from you as far as peoples dealings with the waterboard stuff in ur Neckadawoods. I don't go for the MEG stuff Didn't talk to P.L.P at the show for good reason KNEW GPAA (BUZZARD YOUR SONS ARE A SHAME) and NEW 49ers wouldn't be there either. However I knew people were and are powersluicing at orginized events without permits and werent getting busted. Kuger where are you?Have you discussed this more since you are dealing with it in your certifacation thingy? John sorry for soundin like Senior Richard Cabeza just pre Ribbin ya....Fellas chime in......are there really that many armchair guys just lurking......who has been Banking?????? who are the club members???? What are your orginizers saying? Dont let this thread die....

Last edited:

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think all the bs from the waterboard is for big operations that have large wash plants etc. there was an article about it all on the Nov 2011 issue of the prospecting and mining journal where PLP gave all their reasons why the small recreation miner or NSI (no significant impact) does not need a permit (a permit that doesn't exist).
On the Dec 2011 issue there is a letter from a John McPherson stating that he contacted Mark Stopher from the DFG and he said that DFG is fine with it but he should contact the waterboard just to make sure, which he did and got the run around and finally got a reply to look at the FAQ's for the answer. In other words, they have no clue...
My opinion is as Mr McPherson put it "let sleeping dog (or dogs) lie". As long as you are discharging to a settling pond, which is better for the environment and we should be doing that anyway regardless of what the law says, and using hand tools only we should be fine. I would go highbanking with anyone of you at anytime without any fear of the law.
Edson

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for your reply Edson. the fella I talked to was the guy who was giving the lecture on current regulations and he put just as you did.just as you stated I tried to apply for the permit and they sent me to the FAQ....and the FAQ told me to apply for a permit.:BangHead:

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Is it that organizations don't get busted because there is a strength in numbers? What if they were to dredge in mass? What do you think would happen?

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it that organizations don't get busted because there is a strength in numbers? What if they were to dredge in mass? What do you think would happen?

Q1 No it is Not. Q2. There would be alot of dredgers in one spot...wich was annoying when legal, and would just Illustrate the extreme situation trying to be portrayed already.......l:icon_scratch: and Q3 there would be alot of dredgers in one spot getting tickets and not helping at all.This thread is not about dredging or the dredge ban....please DO NOT discuss dredging here.Its like this If there is nothing you can do then theres nothing you can do....However if you believe your right then be persistant and keep fighting...But if you openly break the rules and essentially stop fighting and show that your gonna do what you want regardless....your just giving the people who enforce the rules someone to target.Besides that it has been proven time and again thet the small scale mining/Rec(taboo) mining community is not and does for some reason want to be orginized.... proven by the fact that of all the people at the Mining Summit so far I am am the only one saying anything..... i know Tnet isnt the #1 prospecting sight ButIi see alot of common posters on other sites. Equipment dealers DID NOT have a total grasp of regulations that is (sorry P.C. people) ******ed....PERIOD....You dont sell Fishing lures and not know, if, where, when, you can fish its kinda sad. Mining clubs that are runnig operations that pump water to sluices, and trommels are not getting busted because they are following the rules and are doing nothing different from years past.. because the rules regarding such operations...operated by such said folks have not change in the last few years...

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I cant say ******ed:cat: sorry i meant stupid....or lame or Dumb.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(In my redneck accent)WOOOOOOOOO You go 2nd amendment......... First amendment......Your on the bench we're not gonna use you right now!!!!!!!! ******ed Uh hem i mean Sad???...........................................................................:cat: thats with a P

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i agree with what your saying! yep the clubs need to regulate/controll what their members are doing at outtings and hopefully the members will remeber what theyve been shown and continue this practice when they are out prospecting by themselves. this is the only way we will get anywhere with these unneeded/unwanted rules.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Threadlifter

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
" Hoser you be nice " :laughing7: .

" Hoser short hand " :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :3barsgold: .

Your kill'n me Pville . :laughing7: .

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea well i dont work 60 hour weeks anymore t so you get used to it.8-) While i got you I bought a house on 2+ acres and at the eastern edge i have an old pocket mine and as i was digging and putting in my fence for my dog run im pulling lots of rusty quartz nothing is coming up on my goldmaster and i havnt smashed anything yet, but you seem to have a knack for sheer and contact zones. And you find stufff with a detector that Hoser would call a little toy for a little boy if it wasn't for the fact that you were finding color that some newb with the bread wouldn't find with a minelab so if you are not to busy shoot me a P.M. cause i would like to pick your brain for a second.I believe i am on an epithermal deposit i would like to discuss the things you look for before you start doing the things you do that keep you from getting to your truck after the sun goes down.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just love it when folks who don't know me in any way shape or form falsely assume a high degree of knowledge of my actions and thoughts through a few misinterperted comments... Never assume,presume or predicate my actions as wrong. John

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Pvillehunter,
Glad to see your post! I was talking with the owner of cagoldpan in Concord and he expressed the same info about highbanking/powersluicing/etc. that you were told at the Mining Summit. So when I say I was glad to see your post it is meant as a double statement, glad to see your post to know you are still around and glad to see your post as it backs up what I was told.

Good success with your at home project as well as out in the field! 60 hour weeks is a lotta work but glad you are still employeed..........63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions