Good Gold today

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
:hello:
Went out on another adventure today, down in a canyon to one of my favorite spots with Pvillehunter. Did some panning, sluicing, and crevicing, all under a nice shady tree next to the creek with tons of bedrock and perfect sluice flow from the creek. Had a great time sharing stories and gold knowledge with Pvillehunter down on the creek today. Took some pics of my clean up and then put it in a vial with some other chunky au from earlier this week, hope you enjoy. :goldpan:

Attachments

• details quartr.JPG
    details quartr.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 155
  • green pan.JPG
    green pan.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 152
  • tint.JPG
    tint.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 153
  • vial clear.JPG
    vial clear.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 136
  • vial close.JPG
    vial close.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

Tdawg

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2012
Lodi
Detector(s) used
gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man thats a great spot you have there.very nice.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet! Congratulations!

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Looking great man, glad you got out. I went out to Thermal City today and high banked 2 cubic yards of there mine material (cost 100$). Havent panned out all the cons yet but the couple test pans I did looked great, and the black mat was loaded too. I will post about it soon as I cleanup the cons.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Looking great man, glad you got out. I went out to Thermal City today and high banked 2 cubic yards of there mine material (cost 100$). Havent panned out all the cons yet but the couple test pans I did looked great, and the black mat was loaded too. I will post about it soon as I cleanup the cons.
Good to hear you got out too, a nice looking pan sure does bring a big smile. I sluiced most of it through my drop riffle, dident move anywhere near that amount of material that your talking about, maybe 8 five gallon buckets classified to 1/2 inch.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
045.JPG 048.JPG 046.JPG 049.JPG the red pan is with gravelwasher today. the other two are from my usual spot in my neighborhood.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same equipment and technique for all three clean ups, There are less fines in the creek Gravel and I hit today the fine increase when you get to the actual diggings, they get really disperesed in the overburden otherwise and make deposits spotty but undug cracks are good when you find them like i did today.. The other two pans are from an area that was dug heavily during the 1850s and moderately during the 1930s there is little and only seasonal water in this drainage a lot of 1850 ground sluicing evidence and no evidence the chinese were here. they had to boom past winter and before summer during the time the area was worked early equpment plus booming equals crappy recovery hence the amount of fines. The hills are dotted with Epthermal Quarts veins and alot of evidence of the mining of those deposits.There have been several gram plus nuggets found recently in the same creek including 28 gram lunker...all in my neighborhood....

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Pville those pans look mighty nice, nice to live next to the gold eh. The red pan in the pic was mostly one pan from a beautifully tight crack running perpendicular to the creek, ya that caused a bit of excitement to see a bunch of flakes and pickers in one pan. Had a great time searching for the gold with ya Pville, next time we will have to try your spot, sounds like we may need a dry washer.

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on average how much are you guys pulling out a week?

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
:hello:
Went out on another adventure today, down in a canyon to one of my favorite spots with Pvillehunter. Did some panning, sluicing, and crevicing, all under a nice shady tree next to the creek with tons of bedrock and perfect sluice flow from the creek. Had a great time sharing stories and gold knowledge with Pvillehunter down on the creek today. Took some pics of my clean up and then put it in a vial with some other chunky au from earlier this week, hope you enjoy. :goldpan:

Great gold, been following your digging all week. Can you tell me what the black rock is. Can't tell from the picture. Happy hunting...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can pull a half gram to gram a day sniping and about the same sluicing. I stopped sluicing overburden because a lot more work I was getting the same amount of Gold from scraping cracks. Typically I set up my sluice and dig scrape and pop cracks I find. My sluice sits running pretty until i bring over my Hi agrade material. Gravelwasher and I like spots where your alone( as far as visitors goes) and off the beaten Path.So I go in light the first few times while I sample and explore with lots of research in between trips. Then if I feel I wont kill myself I will relay in and stash more gear.Hi-banking will get me several pennyweight a day, due to the fact that once set up im just digging more material means more gold.Trust your recovery gear and learn to pan very well, You can sluice faster then you have been told I promise! Notice in Gravelwashers Pics the Lead, How the Particle sizes are the same ratio small flake and large to medium fines, not a lot of fines to flour, Its not that he lost it it just washed farther than where we were digging and spread through the grass, roots, moss,and gravel bars. I don't get skunked even If its specks I find gold when I hit new ground.The year of the ban was the first year i got to dredge.I dredged ( 2.5 inch Little boys toy.... Hi hoser:notworthy:) the same creek we worked yesterday but miles upstream, I would get 300 to 450 a week at 80% of 2009 spot.Side jobs and dredging ( yes even after august) paid the bills until i found work again in the fall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Great gold, been following your digging all week. Can you tell me what the black rock is. Can't tell from the picture. Happy hunting...

The little black pc has gold on the edges and its heavy thats about all I know about it, I would guess some sort of iron.

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there,

Looking good! Much better than my weekend. Hit the claim Saturday. A bit of a hike to it and found nothing but black sand. Thick, larger than normal, black sand. Not much gravel, some larger rocks, lots of area to explorer. The Brown Bear Mine is about 1.5 miles up from my claim. Very disappointed. I might have to get you or Frank to come with me and explore. If we don't get anything we can head to Frank's.

Good luck out there!!! Rob

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
The little black pc has gold on the edges and its heavy thats about all I know about it, I would guess some sort of iron.
The maganese/zinc coatings--up here in n cal- is easily scratched to reveal that righteous golen yellow,or a small bleach spray bottle works just fine too at 50% water. thanx much as always Randy as them are the blackest I've seen in many MANY years-GPS location please .
flue.gif
tongue.gif
loveit.gif
tons a au 2 u 2 -John"

Maybe black nuggets? Saw this response by Hoser John on another board.... "

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hey there,

Looking good! Much better than my weekend. Hit the claim Saturday. A bit of a hike to it and found nothing but black sand. Thick, larger than normal, black sand. Not much gravel, some larger rocks, lots of area to explorer. The Brown Bear Mine is about 1.5 miles up from my claim. Very disappointed. I might have to get you or Frank to come with me and explore. If we don't get anything we can head to Frank's.

Good luck out there!!! Rob

Dont get too discouraged Rob, would be more than happy to do some exploring on your claim with ya. Although it may be hard to pull me away from the spots around here, I have at least three spots to go back and try an find the paystreak that I left unfinished, the one spot you and I hit on Sunday and Monday plus two others that are giving up a little coarser au.

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys congrats on your gold some really nice colors there. I am gonna take up snipping this year it just seams like a lot less work than dredging all that overburden off the gold

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That black piece looks just like the "black gold" i found on the South Fork of the Yuba River back in the 1980's. I was cramming my 4 inch nozzle under a 10-ton
boulder that straddled a 2 foot v-shaped crack in bedrock. lots of black sand and about 20 pieces wheat grain size gold. i think it was the only time i actually
hit virgin ground. I ended up just rubbing the pieces on my steel gold pan and the black(manganese?) came off. sorry now i did the rubbing as they were
unique pieces that i never found again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread