sluicing stanislaus Italian Bar

sfast1

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Up in Sonora and visited Italian bar today. I can say we worked our butts off, but ran 2 full buckets of selected earth and didn't even find a flak. Kind of disappointing. I usually get gold when I go out, but nothig from Italian Bar. I am wondering if it's just too picked over or just the wrong place to dig,

Any thoughts on where to find gold on the stanislaus? I don;t need your favorite, secret spot, but any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Also, would it benefit us to try a different River? We worked the Merced for about half an hour and got decent color.

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Italian Bar area isn't producing for you, then it looks like you answered your own question.
Stick with the Merced if that's where you found decent color. Gold Nuggets :hello:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you hunted the Italian Bar, you are probably GPAA. Go to ask the caretaker for the hot spots. Or try the ledge about 100 yards downstream and 25 yards up off the river, on the north side. The Italian Bar used to be heavily hunted using dredges. Get creative. Find boulders just up out of the stream flow. Good luck. TTC

OP
OP
S

sfast1

Tenderfoot
Nov 6, 2011
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you so much... That gets us in the right direction.. Much appreciated..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread