Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys,
I am getting ready to build a sucker tube similar to the ones that have been made for awhile. Just wondering if anyone has built one from the plans on the internet, and if so, what changes should I make to it if any.
I will be sniping/crevicing in small low water creeks in N.Calif this summer and was thinking about using the upholstery attachment off a vacume cleaner for the nozzle. Narrow to reach down into the cracks in the bedrock but the opening being large enough to suck up enough material.

Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks
Steve

Upvote 0

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to reply to your post on the GPAA forum and post a link from here on homemade equipment. Save yourself a boat load of money. You can make a sucker tube for less than $10 just a plain sucker tube with PVC. If you go to the homemade thread here in the Gold Prospecting thread. You will see a hand suction dredge I made which is simular to the Gold N Sands model, but with a much different design. Which still cost me less than $50 I believe.

You can go on youtube and find many videos of different designs and how to make them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemisteve

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi HarleyMan,