Gold Cube owners, need your help

bowtieguy

Jun 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I need your help on what you are using for everything above 1/8". My partner and I have built some auto classifiers and we are worried that we may be leaving gold above 1/8". I don't think that my Pro Pointer will pick up 1/8" and with the auto classifier we are getting heaps of material. Do you think a sluice would work? Its a dry area in most places, so we end up just classifying and bringing back 1/8" and smaller to run thru the Gold Cube.

Thanks for you help, good luck out there!
Lorin

Upvote 0

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a sluice with the Gold Hog UT matting (about 3 feet worth) that gets its results classified to 1/8 inch mesh. I run either a 1000 GPH or 1200 GPH bilge pump (so as not to overload the Gold Cube) with squirters at the head of the sluice - recirculating the water coming out of the Gold Cube. It seems to work, but I need to make it more sturdy. Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• GoldHog-GoldCube.jpg
    GoldHog-GoldCube.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 313

Gold Cube

Feb 20, 2011
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
For the plus sized material I use a metal detector. If there is gold bigger than 1/8 inch a cheap detector will even pick it up. I prop the detector between a couple bucket, coil facing up. I then use a plastic scoop to wave the material over the coil. If it beeps, I pan. If it's silent, it gets tossed.

Mike

OP
OP
B

bowtieguy

Jun 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I think I will do the Metal Detector thing. We have a similar feeder going into the cube, so we can just dump everything that's classified into it and walk away. Takes to long to feed it by hand. I will try and get some pics. Thanks Again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions