Looking for new Prospecting friends in Placerville, CA Area

CheeseNugget

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2012
Placerville,CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there everybody,
My dad is Barndawg and he wanted me to get on here and get to know some people before I move out to Placerville. I have lived in the area in the past for 6 years, Therefore I know the area quite well. I am moving there on 6-12-12. If anyone knows of a good spot for me to go in that area I would greatly Appreciate it as I am looking to get some good concentrates to send back home in Illinois to my Dad. If you have property I do know how to pan and sluice and have my own "drop riffle fluid bed sluice" that my dad and I built. I call it the "Gold Cadillac". I attached a picture below if interested in what it looks like. I like to build my own equipment. I get that from my Dad.
Thanks all, James Jr. (CheeseNugget)
IMG_20120523_131251.jpg

Upvote 0

DW96790

Tenderfoot
Apr 21, 2014
Placerville Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT E-Series
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aloha,
Just moved from Maui about a year ago have gotten some time to do some high-banking, but most time has been on home. Just outside Placerville on Mosquito Rd. I'm 57 disabled but can still get around have all the equipment but have not found anyplace legal to use it. Except at Coloma park after about 150 buckets got I think a 1/4 of a gram. But learned a lot and built my high banker as a solar powered one so its silent. So desperate to find a place in process of designing what I will call a Skidder it will look like a shark cage but let you get into places you would need a helicopter to get to. Anyweay no any places love to go.
DW
[email protected]

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Cheese and DW, there are places north of Coloma park on the S. F. American that you can pan and sluice. A few miles north of Coloma there is a public park which name escapes me on the left you can park and walk a distance to the river where there are graveles to work. But as to find any gold you have to sample. There is some bedrock. Or you can go to the North/ middle forks of the American a few more miles and work there. Chili bar would be the only other place off 193, but I'm not sure if it is private.

PaulieNoNuggets

Dec 21, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cheese and DW, there are places north of Coloma park on the S. F. American that you can pan and sluice. A few miles north of Coloma there is a public park which name escapes me on the left you can park and walk a distance to the river where there are graveles to work. But as to find any gold you have to sample. There is some bedrock. Or you can go to the North/ middle forks of the American a few more miles and work there. Chili bar would be the only other place off 193, but I'm not sure if it is private.

Sounds like the Dave Moore nature area. It is a couple of miles north of Coloma - BLM Dave Moore Nature Area, Mother Lode Field Office, Bureau of Land Management California

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

chriseneim

May 5, 2013
Aloha, Just moved from Maui about a year ago have gotten some time to do some high-banking, but most time has been on home. Just outside Placerville on Mosquito Rd. I'm 57 disabled but can still get around have all the equipment but have not found anyplace legal to use it. Except at Coloma park after about 150 buckets got I think a 1/4 of a gram. But learned a lot and built my high banker as a solar powered one so its silent. So desperate to find a place in process of designing what I will call a Skidder it will look like a shark cage but let you get into places you would need a helicopter to get to. Anyweay no any places love to go. DW [email protected]
what's up braddah I'm from Kauai but living in az my dad lives on Maui and my grandparents used to own makawo steak house. Good to have another Hawaii braddah on here

Nancy Flora

Sep 6, 2019
All over!
Detector(s) used
Anything!
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to go! I was going over to Sacramento CA. I have my dog if you have a place we can sleep. Text me 5124069982. I love marijuana. I hope you grew some.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old thread.
Any of you guys that are semi local and want to hit up S. Fork American during the day Wednesday Thursday Friday. let me know . Morning starts are best. I'll be down there several days a week until there's water back on my claim.

just pm me

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread