Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What part you headed to? I will be hoofing it up past the gate at Tibble Fork.

I was thinking of hitting just below the damn. I'm curious to what they flushed out when they were doing construction this summer. Plus I was thinking of trying out my gold hog mats in my A-51 and my bazooka extension

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was thinking of hitting just below the damn. I'm curious to what they flushed out when they were doing construction this summer. Plus I was thinking of trying out my gold hog mats in my A-51 and my bazooka extension

There is a lot of silt below the dam. I was there about 3 weeks ago. And they are still working. There is also a lot of black sand down by the dam as well. The last parking spot before you go up the hill by the dam is fenced off. They were storing equipment there. This was about 5 days ago. Good luck!!

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll take a small walk up then. They were supposed to be done with Construction at the end of December. I hope for the contractor's sake there's no penalty for being over finish date.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to know, thanks for the heads up. Maybe I'll take a small walk up then. They were supposed to be done with Construction at the end of December. I hope for the contractor's sake there's no penalty for being over finish date.

If there is a penalty they will be paying a lot!! As of Wednesday 2/8/2017, they are still working. And on my way out they stirred up a lot of sediment that cause the river below Tibble Fork to turn brown. If you head back up, your best bet is to go above the reservoir.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dang i almost went back up there yesterday. When I arrived at work in the morning someone had shut off my heater, which resulted in the wall not being dry enough to adhere stone to. I was about to go up there, but decided to head home and take care of some chores around the house and clean up cons from Sunday. Wishing now I would have put the chores off till this weekend.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang i almost went back up there yesterday. When I arrived at work in the morning someone had shut off my heater, which resulted in the wall not being dry enough to adhere stone to. I was about to go up there, but decided to head home and take care of some chores around the house and clean up cons from Sunday. Wishing now I would have put the chores off till this weekend.

I was up there from about 10 until 130. I have a nice hole started up right against a fallen tree and a decent dam built up. If you want to know where it is PM me and Ill tell you. Although Im sure its not hard to find.

Attachments

• 20170208_125711.jpg
    20170208_125711.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was up there from about 10 until 130. I have a nice hole started up right against a fallen tree and a decent dam built up. If you want to know where it is PM me and Ill tell you. Although Im sure its not hard to find.
Nice! How is the new sluice working out for you? Any pics of the clean up? We will have to meet up for a dig. I'll show you a couple of nice spots up higher, that don't seem to get worked much.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! How is the new sluice working out for you? Any pics of the clean up? We will have to meet up for a dig. I'll show you a couple of nice spots up higher, that don't seem to get worked much.
Its OK. Not great but I am getting some color. The sluice is working great. It catches some tiny gold. I have been working that spot just to get out. When the road opens up Ill be heading higher. That sounds good. We can definitely meet up.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just ordered a copy this weekend. Frmusmc0844 posted that a new one was out. Like you said about twice as many pages. Looking forward to getting it, should be here any day. What part of Utah do you reside in? If it can go a week without snowing the gates should open up soon at A.F. . I took my son up there today. We only hiked up 2.5 miles from dam parking lot. But there was no snow on road and very little on the North sides. I'll try and do a clean up this week and post some pictures on my journal.
That's if they will upload, just tried and nothing will work.is it something with my phone or the damn site?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread