Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KevinInColorado

Thread: Wanted..Gold prospecting buddy in Northern Utah

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2012
    Plain City, UT
    Garrett
    Prospecting

Smile Wanted..Gold prospecting buddy in Northern Utah

Hey there, I am looking for a buddy/partner to go prospecting with in Ogden UT and surrounding areas. If you have the knowledge..I have the equipment. I am new to prospecting and want to find some gold. Let's go diggin

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

wally62us
    Me and my wife are pretty new as well. First time out found a little gold just panning. The more the merrier. We just bought a keene sluice. So have very little knowledge. But if you would like to go, let us know. We pan up in cache valley area.

us
    Jun 2012
    Plain City, UT
    Garrett
    Prospecting
    Ya!!! That would be great. My hubby doesn't get into prospecting so it's good to meet new friends and learn new places. Please email me at cocolocobuddy@q.com

us
    Jul 2008
    Minelab X terror 70 !!!
    1 times
    Prospecting
    I am here in Sandy UT! Prospecting mostly in the Uinthas!

us
    Jun 2012
    Plain City, UT
    Garrett
    Prospecting
    I am in the Ogden area, but will travel where ever the gold is. I know pretty much what I'm doing..I just want somebody to go with and I will not mess with the Rhoades mine! Too scarry

Dec 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hey guys

Quote Originally Posted by crazydazy View Post
    I am in the Ogden area, but will travel where ever the gold is. I know pretty much what I'm doing..I just want somebody to go with and I will not mess with the Rhoades mine! Too scarry
    I am in Ogden up for some winter time prospecting if anyone is down Let me know...

us
    Mar 2013
    West Haven, Utah
    Bounty Hunter Platinum
    I'm in West Haven and would like to find someone to go panning with

us
    Master of Fly Poop (gold)

Jan 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Sluices: Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluice (retired!), Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, occasional gold cube
    1083 times
    Prospecting
    I am based in CO but will be in SLC for a weekend in may and a week around Independence Day. I would love to meet up either time in Northern Utah, probably that first week in July would be best as I can bring my Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector or Angus Mackirk Expedition then (driving over). I would really like to get a small sample of Utah gold to add to the gold I am gathering to make a ring for my wife (since her folks live in SLC)... And would love to meet fellow prospectors too!

If you are up for taking me to your second favorite spot*, please send me a private message or we could organize a group thing via this thread.

* I assume your first favorite spot might be your little secret!!
    ...it is too about havin' the gold!

us
    Jan 2013
    Clinton, UT
    Prospecting
    I'm in Clinton looking for someone to prospect with. I have everything I need, pans, shovel, Angus Mackirk Expedition Sluice, bucket, etc.

Jun 2013
    Lookinh for prospecting buddy to go up american fork canyon . Please let me know if interrested.

Nov 2013
    -Kevin
    I just want you to know your posts are cool, I have been reading them because I have an Expedition and I'm looking into a bazooka and Utah has very fine gold, at least what I have researched and found is. I know this post is almost a year old but how often are you out in SLC? Also did you ever find enough gold for your wife's ring last year? I'm new to all this but i have got some gold.

-Alex
    I've gone up AF canyon up Mary Ellen Gulch, have you been up there? Do you plan on going there this year?

-valuepit2
    Have you had much luck in the Uintahs? I have tried the canyon up by Smith and Moorehouse with 0 success. Maybe I should try the Weber instead.

-Anyone
    Has anyone tried a bazooka around here with success, the gold is so fine that I have found I would be concerned it would blow out of the box.

Thanks,
    Brandon Peterson
    Beginner Prospecter(2013 was first year)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131026_195042.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	938851   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131115_230723.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	938857  

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, and the Tesoro Sand Shark for sniping underwater on cleaned bedrock.
    1255 times
    Metal detecting for gold and Surface Suction Sluicing, AKA Triple-S mining.
    Have you tried way up American Fork canyon? Not in the Timpanogos cave area or you'll probably catch yourself some trouble. Keep heading up side canyons and gulches along the way and see what you can find. I did some panning there years ago and got bigger stuff than the powder in your bottle.

All the best,

Lanny

Bedrock and Gold: The mysteries . . .
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Nov 2013
    Thanks for the response Lanny, Yeah I went pretty far up Mary Ellen Gulch almost to the mine im pretty sure...
    I haven't tried Further East than that though.

Brandon

us
    Master of Fly Poop (gold)

Jan 2012
    Centennial, Colorado
    Sluices: Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluice (retired!), Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, occasional gold cube
    1083 times
    Prospecting
    Hi Brandon, Thanks for the encouragement on my posting habits...

Yes, I did get the ring made, I gave it to her on a special vacation trip in early November and she just loves it! I think I posted pics of it on here back in October.

I would strongly suggest the Bazooka Products for fine gold, they do a great job on the -50 mesh and smaller gold. We have a lot of that here in Metro Denver too. The fluid bed design does really well with fine gold and their products are quite well built. They've been a real game changer for a lot of prospectors here on tnet in recent years.

My in-laws live in the eastern foothills of SLC so I get over there a couple/few times a year. More these days since they can't travel as much to see us due to their advancing age (late 70's). I haven't done any prospecting in Utah yet but my sister-in-law found a really great book for me called A Guide to Gold Panning in Utah by Alan J. Chenworth. Definitely worth tracking down to give you lots of ideas on where to look. Here's the table of contents to give you a sense of the scope of it: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2596781816.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	552.1 KB 
ID:	938931
    Last edited by KevinInColorado; Feb 01, 2014 at 04:42 AM.
    Lanny in AB likes this.
    ...it is too about havin' the gold!

Apr 2003
    Alberta
    Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705), Falcon MD20, and the Tesoro Sand Shark for sniping underwater on cleaned bedrock.
    1255 times
    Metal detecting for gold and Surface Suction Sluicing, AKA Triple-S mining.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Hi Brandon, Thanks for the encouragement on my posting habits...

Yes, I did get the ring made, I gave it to her on a special vacation trip in early November and she just loves it! I think I posted pics of it on here back in October.

I would strongly suggest the Bazooka Products for fine gold, they do a great job on the -50 mesh and smaller gold. We have a lot of that here in Metro Denver too. The fluid bed design does really well with fine gold and their products are quite well built. They've been a real game changer for a lot of prospectors here on tnet in recent years.

My in-laws live in the eastern foothills of SLC so I get over there a couple/few times a year. More these days since they can't travel as much to see us due to their advancing age (late 70's). I haven't done any prospecting in Utah yet but my sister-in-law found a really great book for me called A Guide to Gold Panning in Utah by Alan J. Chenworth. Definitely worth tracking down to give you lots of ideas on where to look. Here's the table of contents to give you a sense of the scope of it: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-2596781816.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	552.1 KB 
ID:	938931
    Nice tip Kevin!

All the best,

Lanny
    Nothin' quite as fun as chasin' sassy gold! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/me...mysteries.html

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors