Found Gold on hwy 49 in California with V3i also carbon metorite?

tigergold

Tenderfoot
Jun 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to an area north of Tahoe of of hwy 49 to a park along a river where gold was found and a carbon metorite just hit and NASA was looking around and found a piece of this stuff and took my V3i along the river and it went nuts I looked down along the water eddge nad it was full of gold washing with the water I set my V3i down and got a bucket and filled the thing up with this gold sand had to git rid of my shoes and everything in my bay to get this sand on the plain only can take 50 lbs per bag so I got this gold sand home now what do I do with it t oget the gold out? I have an old pan from when I was a kid and went ot Colordo may give it a try but the V3i went nuts nad after looking around other signs of digging was going on this was just in a park area the charged 5.00 to get in wow what fun I had I had gold sand on my knee when I got up and my little pick was sparkling with it so i put it all in a bag with my carbon metorite and came home what fun that was I will b back.

Upvote 0

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiger, punctuation would help make what you wrote easier to read and respond to. Having said that, if the concentrates you got really have that much gold just go buy a new pan for $15 and pan it. Be sure to pan the concentrates twice though, just in case. Best of luck to you.

OP
OP
T

tigergold

Tenderfoot
Jun 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea just was excited never had seen that much glod in the water I am from Texas and not doing this was a real treat for me at 58 I am going to get a pan ordered and see what i can get out of this sand the gold stuck to the leather intersole of my shoes.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to be a naysayer but I am very doubtful what you are encountering is gold

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Meteorites are worth 20 times the price of gold. and your detector was going off like crazy? You don't own a gold pan? How do you know it's gold? or even a meteorite? You always test out in the field. Hope your right, but don't get to disappointed if your not.

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea just was excited never had seen that much glod in the water I am from Texas and not doing this was a real treat for me at 58 I am going to get a pan ordered and see what i can get out of this sand the gold stuck to the leather intersole of my shoes.

I hate to bust your bubble but I bet what you are seeing is mica and not gold. Gold likes to sink in sand so you will not see it laying on the sand. That area has a lot of mica which shines like gold in the sun but if you crush it with your finger nail it will break apart where gold will not. Also gold will shine in the sun or shade, where mica will not shine in the shade.

Good luck.
Edson

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread