OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Tar River - Near Springhope, on Tar River considerable surface washing has been done and a large amount of gold extracted". This the only thing i have found on the Tar river on the net....sooooooo its time to get out the pan and and go testing, I will keep you posted.
God Bless
OKIE

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got out for about 5 hours on Sunday on the Tar river with my pans and shovel a few screens and found a high bench to work for a few hours and found NUTTEN...lol... but when heading back to my truck the peeps were gone from a place I spotted on my way down river that was the only place I seen with ANY rocks in the river, so when I got there, I looked around some of the bigger rocks for any quartz rocks of any size, and found some, so I looked more to the middle of the river, water is only about thigh deep, and spotted something white about 1 foot wide and 2 foot long, so what I had found was a slick white clay bed that was exposed and that's where I dug. The clay headed back to the bank and back toward the middle of the river was some bolder's, so I dug down toward the bolder's away from the clay and found a pocket and ran about 5 big pans of dirt from that spot. No GOLD!! But I didn't get to the bottom of the hole either, LOTS of black sand, I was glad to see that anyway, also found some rusted together flat washers, about 30 of them. So now my fever is worse than ever to find out what else has collected in that hole!! :dontknow: :BangHead: ....
Thanks and God Bless
OKIE

TheEquineFencer

Mar 31, 2012
Farmville,NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm wondering if any of you NC prospectors have ever tried your luck on the Tar River in NC? Or anyone for that matter? I'm not sure where it starts but I think it comes out of WV, and I know they have gold up there, but again I just don't know!
Thanks for ANY input.
GOD BLESS
OKIE

I'm thinking about trying a place about 7 miles north of a friends place on Tar river. I'm taking a kayak to the spot,wanta go?

TheEquineFencer

Mar 31, 2012
Farmville,NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you have Google Earth downloaded, can you locate that spot of it?

Well, I got out for about 5 hours on Sunday on the Tar river with my pans and shovel a few screens and found a high bench to work for a few hours and found NUTTEN...lol... but when heading back to my truck the peeps were gone from a place I spotted on my way down river that was the only place I seen with ANY rocks in the river, so when I got there, I looked around some of the bigger rocks for any quartz rocks of any size, and found some, so I looked more to the middle of the river, water is only about thigh deep, and spotted something white about 1 foot wide and 2 foot long, so what I had found was a slick white clay bed that was exposed and that's where I dug. The clay headed back to the bank and back toward the middle of the river was some bolder's, so I dug down toward the bolder's away from the clay and found a pocket and ran about 5 big pans of dirt from that spot. No GOLD!! But I didn't get to the bottom of the hole either, LOTS of black sand, I was glad to see that anyway, also found some rusted together flat washers, about 30 of them. So now my fever is worse than ever to find out what else has collected in that hole!! :dontknow: :BangHead: ....
Thanks and God Bless
OKIE

OP
OP
OKIE

OKIE

Jan 8, 2012
Iron Station, NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have GE. Are you wanting to see the spot? Im not sure what you meant with your post.

Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread