Upvote 0

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Felixs' paydirt - any feedback

Buy a couple a nuggets from a friend,miner or Goldbay.com and save the lost money buying and shipping dirt!! Ever heard of the old saying??Dumb as dirt??John ::)

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

got 2 bags once
about broke even
maybe
if you want it to practice panning and screening by all means
get a bag and keep practicing ;)
oh hoser so negative ;D

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

now why would someone send you un-panned dirt from a known gold bearing place? They throw gold in the dirt so that some people find nice nuggets and report it back, so they get good publicity and can sell more bags of dirt...

good marketing.

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, stock and DD coil

thanks for the feedback all
I'll probably wait

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

I think he's the guy who has a gimmick! Every so many bags, he puts a 1oz. Nugget in! ???

Joe

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used

yeah he does have the insane notion to put random 1oz nuggets in what he calls his "jackpot" bags, i could only wish, the largest nugget ive ever found is 2 grams

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005

stuck in the flatlands, I am running out of my Douglas Creek concs.. I bought a couple of bags from Felix's one time and probably broke even It was OK. I've tried a couple other guys on the net that sell concs. an undisclosed ebay member is my favorite online place for concs.. He has some decent concs with loads of black sand and decent gold fines up to pickers at a fair price.

I still have about 5 gallons of stuff from Douglas Creek I've not had time to work since we began remodeling the house and mama is cracking the whip. No kitchen pass until next summer..

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used

So i went ahead and got some conc. from Felix. It took a month to get here in canada because the customs is slow as molasses in winter. I just got back from Maui though and have been up for 48 hours with no sleep so im too wasted to pan it out
I'll post my results when i get through with it probably thursday because i have class till 9pm tomorrow night

dobie

Feb 12, 2006
corry, pa
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, bounty hunter scout

living in pa., there`s not a lot of founded gold bearing areas, so i did order from them,,twice,and once was on the 1 oz nugget special,,,i agree with the above post,"dumb as dirt",my first bag was a little bit of flour, just enough to get excited as i haven`t had gold in my pan before, sooo, naturally i got in on the special, i got one nugget that was just over one dwt. and a little bit of fines, so maybe,,maybe i broke even,,but,now i have a little bit of gold to show family and friends,,,will i do it again? nope, for some cons. to practice with, if you`r not in a gold bearing area, then the 40 bucks aint to bad, but the 225 for the "chance"of an ouncer, save your money for an outing
rex

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used

So i ordered 2 bags of the "motherlode" paydirt from him and i got one small nugget around a gram in weight in one bag and a small amount of fine gold no flakes or pickers. In the 2nd bag i got 3 small nuggets each at about half a gram and 1 picker and a few flakes and a small amount of fines. All in all about 3 grams of gold so for the $100US price Tag plus the shipping it worked out to about $136CAD which is about $115 US so its not even enough to break even but thats how he makes profit. Maybe if one were to order his jackpot and be lucky enough to get a 1oz nugget it would be worth it. I wont be ordering from this place again. I cant get my pics small enough to posy yet i'll edit them and then post

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i think maybe some of you guys are missing the point
like merlin said
"hes making money"
i ordered 2 bags
and more then anything i expected what i got not much
it was more for the pratice of panning it out
kind of like real prospecting more times then not,not much
then one day
BANG you score :-\
i mean come on really do you think hed be given 100s of ounces out per 1000s of bags
so some smuck can get rich of him for next to nothing

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used

Making money indeed he is
It was good practice considering the ground is frozen here.
The ounce nuggets go 1 per 100 bags of his motherlode bags and this year hes doing a few half and quarter nuggets mixed between them also
good profit potential there.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005

M3R1IN said:
Making money indeed he is
It was good practice considering the ground is frozen here.
The ounce nuggets go 1 per 100 bags of his motherlode bags and this year hes doing a few half and quarter nuggets mixed between them also
good profit potential there.

He charges about $200 when the Oz search is in season..

F

fatdad

You know what Mark Twain said there is always more money made mining the miners than the miners make. ;)

49erjohn

Mar 21, 2007

felix sent me a free sample of his paydirt. we panned and repanned it many times and ran it through a gold wheel af few times but found no gold just mica and pyrite.

OP
OP
M3R1IN

M3R1IN

Oct 6, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Detector(s) used

my sympathies to you 49erjohn... over the course of the last few months ive found concentrate suppliers who are way more reliable and give way better value for the money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread