Thermal City 2 day Gold Dig Labor Day Weekend

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
Well how did it go today? I was working nearby, and really wanted to come say hello, but figured id have to pay to get in.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish one or more of you guys would post your finds at that dig. I've been wanting to go there for years.

Bell

Jan 13, 2011
We'll I took the family by today on a Sunday drive. Tracked down good guy. He seemed like a very nice guy and both me and my son were impressed by his top notch homemade gear. He showed us some pretty gold he had found to boot. The campground itself looked like a lot of fun. I was glad to have gotten over and met up, and I believe next time ill bring the camper and join in.

goldgit'r

Apr 18, 2011
Florence S.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met Goody there also,got to talk w/him a little while,went back to the motorhome to take a nap and Debby woke me up when it was time to go to bed,LOL.
I was going to invite him over for breakfast but he pulled out before I got too.
Seems they had a decent turnout for the dig,and from what I saw they found some pretty good gold. Wes

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoyed meeting everyone!

Had a great time, just got home a little tired from all the shoveling into a hungry trommel and the drive home. Will post pics in a couple of days as soon as I finish running my cons down the miller table.

I tried to video a little of the trommel in action. (will post it once I figure out how) Found some nice flakes in the inspection mat so I'm hoping for plenty more when I run the cons.

It was great meeting Bell and family and Goldgiter and wife hope we can meet up again (drinks are on me) :occasion14:

That's all for now gonna hit the sack.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok folks........

I've posted the video of my trommel being fed by a friendly young volunteer from the Tennessee prospector group who had the high banker next to me. Some really great guys whom I had the pleasure of getting to know during my two days at the camp.

Keep in mind that this is my first video and it was taken with a $25 video camera from Big Lots.

I'm still working on the cons so I'll post those photos later.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You make neat stuff GG.

And here's the take from Thermal City after running 2 yards of material .....
less what I lost when I dropped the pan while getting ready to take the photo. :BangHead:

Still not bad and I was able to find both nuggets.

thermal city.jpg

I managed to sneak a photo of the wife trying out a shovel :tongue3:
She would kill me if she knew I posted the pic. :laughing7:

wife.jpg

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread