Kugers paydirt reveals MORE than gold!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kuger's paydirt reveals MORE than gold!

Kuger! I put the black sands from your paydirt under my mineral scope. So far, I have found one of the pieces of flour, VERY VERY small, to be CRYSTALINE! Right next to it, a perfect hexagonal quartz crystal, too small to see with the unaided eye. Pointed at both ends. PERFECT! The BIGGEST (sorry about the caps.... really excited) discovery is a METEORITE in the mess! Just a micrometeorite, but an M, just the same. TOO small to see without the scope but a perfect sphere. WOW! Great day in the morning! I will try to take a pic of these things but have to find the power source for the scope/camera first. Looking for more surprises in the meantime. TTC

Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey There "Investigator TerryC",
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your finds in Kuger's BS (sorry I could not resist that) or Black Sand. Also would you pass along some info on your scope/camera outfit maybe even a picture of it/them.....63bkpkr

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey There "Investigator TerryC",
I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your finds in Kuger's BS (sorry I could not resist that) or Black Sand. Also would you pass along some info on your scope/camera outfit maybe even a picture of it/them.....63bkpkr
Give me five minutes, 63..... TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here, 63. $1400 dollars about 10 years ago. Cheaper ones today. The three "goodies are in the flour, in the black pan. Soon! Tnx. TTC

scope.jpg pan.jpg

Edit: Scope is still being sold by National Optical and Scientific Equipment in Texas. I may need to buy another power source from them. Herb, they want $75 for the power source. That's SEVENTY FIVE! for a little proprietary power source! OUCH! TTC

Last edited:

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, how do you know it is a meteorite?

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, how do you know it is a meteorite?
If a meteorite is so small that it is very nearly weightless, it becomes a sphere up above the earth as it heats to incandesense. AS it cools to become hardened, it retains the sphere till it floats to earth weeks to years later. Google up MICROMETEORITES to see how easy they are to collect. Even around your house! The SMOKE emitted from an entering extraterrestrial body is full of them. TTC

Last edited:

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never knew about micrometeorites. Will inspect my heavies now on.

How small is it? 1mm? Is it magnetic? Was it in the heavies?

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never knew about micrometeorites. Will inspect my heavies now on.

How small is it? 1mm? Is it magnetic? Was it in the heavies?
Some can be a mm across. Most will be smaller...... and absolutely round. A good place to find them is in parts of the nation that have periodic rain. Find them in the dirt below the rain spout that goes down the side of your building from the roof. GooGle up Micrometeorites to learn how easy to collect! TTC

Last edited:

richexs

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2011
Tucson
Detector(s) used
Garrett scorpion gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for the information on Micrometeorites. Never knew this even though I see them some times in my black sands under medium to high magnification.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have collected hundreds of micrometeorites over the years (change that to ALMOST all are perfect spheres) some will have a teardrop shape. Collect dirt from right under a rain spout from a house. Long, flat roofs of industrial buildings are best, if the rainspout pours to the ground and not into the sewer system. Put a magnet into a baggie. Push it through the dry dirt to collect specimens. Put the baggie over a collecting bowl. Pull the mag out of the bag to drop your STUFF into the bowl. Now find your piece of the heavens! I took a picture of four small one that I had. One was a stone, not magnetic, that included a fusion crust! Even that small, some will show a fusion crust with cracks. I sent the pic to Robert Haag, the ORIGINAL Meteorite Man in AZ. He confirmed my rocks to be meteorites. He signed one of his books I bought and sent it back. He signed it TERI. Ouch! His wife is also a Teri (not Terry). That is how I know these are the real deal! TTC

MM.jpg sign.jpg

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Using my small Cyber Shot camera, at the scope lens, I was able to take these "second best" pics, till I get the scope camera going. Pic one is the crystal gold "chevron", if you will. I have only known of chevron gold at Rye Patch, NV. I know it is in lots of places... just rare. The second pic is of THE ROCK! A micrometeorite. It is partially obscurred by a piece of black sand. It is smaller than the period at the end of this sentence. I could not find the quartz crystal this morning. Nor could I find a piece of micro-gold STUCK to a nice SMALL piece of black sand. Will post those when found. (unless I get calls to stop posting them! Ha ha! TTC

Chev1.jpg Micro2.jpg I have the full-sized 16 meg pics for those interested. TTC

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Saving my Kuger Black Sands for sure. Thanks Terry.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok. Two more and I'll give you guys a break... Another piece of crystal gold (from Kuger's dirt). The second pic is pyrite in host rock (not from the dirt). Better pics coming when this scope gets power. TTC

Chev3.jpg Pyrite.jpg

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!!Terry,I am thrilled and sick!!Do you know how much black sand from there I have thrown away?Many,many lbs!!!!!I have never wanted to mess with roating em.Good news is I have two five gallon buckets of black sand......make me an offer bud

victorysgold

Feb 24, 2008
Durham, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 3.2, Garrett Propointer II,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry, Thanks for the pics, I'm saving my black sands from now on too...

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know you've been a BUSY BOY lately, Kuger! No, don't need anymore black sand.... maybe your site... just kidding. Protect that spot! Great things come in little packages! To tell you the truth, I normally don't "scope" black sands, just gold flour. Rest assured, I will ALSO spend more time checking out BS. I was just about to send you a PM to say how pleased I am with the dirt. Thanks! I will use this sand to practice up on a steel pan and a Blue Bowl. After gleaning ALL gold, I will crush the sand in a mortar and pestle, to see how much gold I'VE been throwing out. May gain a whole new perspective on the methods. Tnx agn, partner... and all. TTC

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You bet bud,great to meet ya,and stay in touch!I bet I have thrown litteraly hundreds of pounds of "worked",black sands away!!!

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!!!!Terry,I am thrilled and sick!!Do you know how much black sand from there I have thrown away?Many,many lbs!!!!!I have never wanted to mess with roating em.Good news is I have two five gallon buckets of black sand......make me an offer bud
Ok, Cody, yes I WILL make an offer, if you are still asking. I am not at all looking for the gold content. If the bs is, in fact, from the same bunch (site) as the sand I bought from you, I will buy the sand for the expected meteorites that would be in it. You may go over it again to glean any chevron gold in it. I will pay you $30 a bucket. I must wait to buy the sand, though. I spent almost $400 this month already on prospecting stuff. But, if you can hold the sand.... till next month.... Deal? Oh, found two more micrometeorites in your sand for a total of 3. I'm poor this month.... not in a position to negotiate. Let me know. TTC

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry,I promised some Black Sand to some customers before knowing this,but still have a good amount.....I can wait,and we can deal :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions