Things to do in your precious spare time. Intead of knitting.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. Throwing live insects and grubs down the sink disposal and yelling WEEEE, like that pig on the commercial.
2. Swinging a rosary around your finger.... and yelling WEEEE again, like the commercial. (that's called giving Jesus a carnival ride.)
3. Measuring, with a tape measure, how far you can spit phlem.
4. Measuring, again, phlem, at the paint store using the green paint strips.
5. Measuring (again) phlem, at the paint store with the owner standing there.
6. Measuring phlem, at the paint store, by spitting on the paint strip, with the owner standing there. (this is for the younger crowd... those that can still run fast.)
7. AND THE BIGGIE.... spilling a tiny amount of Kuger's blacksand on the diningroom floor and having your girlfriend wonder why you are on your elbows and knees, holding a flashlight, looking at a seemingly barren floor! (singing: Nobody knows.. the trouble I've seen.... Nobody knows but the Lord! ) Laugh at yourself! Or cry. Your choice. TTC

Last edited:
Upvote 0

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning TerryC,
It seems I've been missing some of the finer things in life! Who would have guessed all that I've been missing while knitting and sewing, Wow?! Of course I did get my backpack straps repaired so the backpack itself is ready to go. And then I also watched some interesting air rifle videos from England where a farmer had a pig barn infested with rats. The three man shooting team must have had some sort of night vision they used as the movies were tinted green. They had plenty to shoot at! However this seems to pale in comparison to phlem measurement. Were you able to make it understandable to your girl friend why you were down on the "clean floor" singing to yourself and attempting to move seemingly invisible objects. I hope you did not use the phlem trick to aid in gathering the BS, at least not in front of her! Hey on another "note" I enjoyed the nose harp demo as well as the rock crusher demo, simple is always best. I would also guess that your comment about wearing the gloves was tested out before the video was taken and that your hands had already recovered when the video was taken as I saw no bandages.

Seems like maybe more than a few of us are bored of late due to the types of posts that I've been doing and seeing from others posts as well. Hey atleast this is not a political thread (except maybe for the nose harp vid)! Keep um coming Terry...........63bkpkr

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Morning TerryC,
It seems I've been missing some of the finer things in life! Who would have guessed all that I've been missing while knitting and sewing, Wow?! Of course I did get my backpack straps repaired so the backpack itself is ready to go. And then I also watched some interesting air rifle videos from England where a farmer had a pig barn infested with rats. The three man shooting team must have had some sort of night vision they used as the movies were tinted green. They had plenty to shoot at! However this seems to pale in comparison to phlem measurement. Were you able to make it understandable to your girl friend why you were down on the "clean floor" singing to yourself and attempting to move seemingly invisible objects. I hope you did not use the phlem trick to aid in gathering the BS, at least not in front of her! Hey on another "note" I enjoyed the nose harp demo as well as the rock crusher demo, simple is always best. I would also guess that your comment about wearing the gloves was tested out before the video was taken and that your hands had already recovered when the video was taken as I saw no bandages.

Seems like maybe more than a few of us are bored of late due to the types of posts that I've been doing and seeing from others posts as well. Hey atleast this is not a political thread (except maybe for the nose harp vid)! Keep um coming Terry...........63bkpkr
Thanks Herb! Actually, just about everything I have ever posted here DOES come from personal experience. Most funny, or at least entertaining. Others, downright serious, as in gloves and safety glasses (I have since put a T handle on my latest crusher). I have a Milwaukee Sawsall (recipricating saw). My brother TimC has no qualms about using a bent blade in it. I refuse to allow it and keep several blades ready. I have LEARNED better! I know several others have "been there, done that" also but will not admit it. Well, at 63, (my AGE not YOU) I have a HOST of stories I can tell the younger guys. Problem is, it is human nature to learn from experience, not others' wisdom. I'll put the soapbox away now. Take care, Herb and keep those 200 lbs backpack loads MOVING! Buy a SPEEDY STITCHER and repair those backpacks yourself and SAVE! Till next time, my friend! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread