Blue Bowl Operation---Magnetic Sand

ForrestAdian

Jul 11, 2012
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good day everyone. My blue bowl only included rudimentary instruction. Can anyone tell me that once classified, if I should remove all the magnetic sand from my cons before running it through the blue bowl? I can easily do this when dry with a rare earth magnet. I wonder if the magnetic sand "protects" fine gold from blowing out of the bowl, or if the continued running to separate worthless material from the black sand allows more flour gold to escape? Maybe it doesn't matter at all, but just hoping to work smarter. In advance, thank you to anyone that can help.

Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No need to remove the magnetic sand. That is exactly what the Blue Bowl does. I own a Blue Bowl but have yet to practice with it. Elmer Stapleton, one of the owners of the Y-Not claim, south of Stanton, AZ showed me how to use a Blue Bowl. Hook up a water hose. Using the home water pressure, or 12 volt system, begin the water flowing slowly. The Bowl is sitting on a 5 gal bucket (to collect the bs.). "Load" the bs into the bowl. Adjust the water pressure (volume/speed) slowly till you begin to see a very small line of bs rising along the inside wall and out over the hole in the middle of the bowl, probably on the other side of the bowl than the water source. Don't overdo the removal speed. Slowly remove the bs in this way and the gold will be lying in the bottom of the bowl. Easy as that. Now, sit back and watch the bs as you BS with the guys! As I said, I have yet to use mine, so if I have missed a step, or misspoke, I hope someone will chime in to correct me. I'm going outside to set mine up right now! TTC

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No way Jose---put them insipid magnets down---think of the appearance of a OREO cookie except them 2 black wafers are the magnetic black sands and the white creamy middle is your gold as you throw it away as entrapped......John PS-throw them lousy instructions away as the worst and only bad thing about the Dam Industries bowl in over 30 years of selling(retired) and using them.....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No way Jose---put them insipid magnets down---think of the appearance of a OREO cookie except them 2 black wafers are the magnetic black sands and the white creamy middle is your gold as you throw it away as entrapped......John PS-throw them lousy instructions away as the worst and only bad thing about the Dam Industries bowl in over 30 years of selling(retired) and using them.....
Hoser.... are you the poster that indicated the Blue Bowl was your design? I noticed my Bowl says Auburn, CA on it. I "lit mine up" yesterday and found some gold but thought I should have found more. First time I used mine since I bought it over a year ago. I have seen a PRO working his and the Bowl is going to be my form of "panning" if I have the time required to load it properly. Can I get your take on the Bowl, predjudices aside? Tnx. TTC

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love my bowl i built a table with auto feeder that uses vibtation that i got out of a car back wedge,
and it's 12v and always run it with jet dry.

DSCN0960.JPG

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Hoser.... are you the poster that indicated the Blue Bowl was your design? I noticed my Bowl says Auburn, CA on it. I "lit mine up" yesterday and found some gold but thought I should have found more. First time I used mine since I bought it over a year ago. I have seen a PRO working his and the Bowl is going to be my form of "panning" if I have the time required to load it properly. Can I get your take on the Bowl, predjudices aside? Tnx. TTC

4428830Precious metals recovery unit
Patent Drawings: « 1 »
(1 images)​

Inventor:Hepfner, et al.
Date Issued:January 31, 1984
Application:06/361,227
Filed:March 24, 1982
Inventors:Hepfner; Anton (Yuba City, CA)
Malicki; Dorothy A. (Yuba City, CA)
Assignee:Hepfner; Anton (Yuba City, CA)
Primary Examiner:Lacey; David L.
Assistant Examiner:
Attorney Or Agent:Lothrop & West
U.S. Class:209/459; 209/508; 209/724
Field Of Search:209/201; 209/211; 209/459; 209/461; 209/465; 209/508; 55/429; 210/244
International Class:
U.S Patent Documents:641359; 872555; 1969619; 2725983; 4311585
Foreign Patent Documents:
Other References:

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, Hefty, you and the many other "modern day old-timers" on this forum have more secrets than the Rosetta Stone!:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread