Contact Zones - Any experienced folks out there.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pm Dave wiseman on here

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, I would suggest the publication: Fists Full of Gold by Chris Ralph. Ralph also has a website. This publication, of course, is aimed at finding gold. The geology section is the BEST I have seen on the geology of gold. Definitely a must read. TTC

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry is right, Chris's book is top notch.
Looks like you are in Reno, His talks alot about Nevada geology also. It is a must have for anyone prospecting in the silver state and looking for potential mineral deposits. I use his info when I am out exploring in Nevada.
Nevada-Outback-Gems.com

As far as the motherload areas. If you find Serpentine, lode gold is in the area.

HH
Steve

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry is right, Chris's book is top notch.
Looks like you are in Reno, His talks alot about Nevada geology also. It is a must have for anyone prospecting in the silver state and looking for potential mineral deposits. I use his info when I am out exploring in Nevada.
Nevada-Outback-Gems.com

As far as the motherload areas. If you find Serpentine, lode gold is in the area.

HH
Steve

LOL!"As far as the motherload areas. If you find Serpentine, lode gold is in the area.".....if that were only true!!!!!....it is not......

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL!"As far as the motherload areas. If you find Serpentine, lode gold is in the area.".....if that were only true!!!!!....it is not......

My Bad!
I read that somewhere a long time ago. Maybe it meant that if you find folded sepentine that contact zones are near?

Back to school for me!
Steve

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try original 16 to 1.com for discussion of the complex geology of pocket gold formations around Allegany, Ca. I once had a partner who was
obsessed with this area and recovered lots of quartz gold in Kanaka Creek and the Plumbago crossing of the middle yuba.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Bad!
I read that somewhere a long time ago. Maybe it meant that if you find folded sepentine that contact zones are near?

Back to school for me!
Steve

:icon_thumleft: No prob, bud,there is never anything positive unless its the yeller itself.Its like sayin if there is quartz there is guaranteed gold!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here is a Google pic of how close the fire came. Judy is at the NE end of the line, the fire was at the SW end... APROXIMATE. About 1 and ½ mile. This is Googles pic of 6-10-12. The red quad is there but the Green Honda is not, so I'm on one of the trails in the 'hood! Techknowlogy is great, even if I can't spell it! TTC

fire.jpg

OP
OP
J

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going out on a limb here, but the tools im using are makin headway at getting in the vincity of contact zone areas probaly at least the GENERAL areas where you probaly need to place yourself for finding placer or lode gold at least for the northern sierra nevada Mother Lode areas not as good on the southern areas its seems, also did ok in some areas outside of the Sierra Nevada Mother Lode. Getting a little bit exciting, though im mostly an armchair prospector some of my work seems like its going in the right direction. There are numerous types of gold enviroments and this is not all encompassing by any any means but it is a start possibly to get in the GENERAL area.

Ive been saving on locations that have found gold for over 20 years, thats the info i need, im not interested in your location for anything other then data entry if u can help
PM or email [email protected] the more data the better, the the amount of gold taken out of the Mother Lode was tremendous and amazing i believe there probaly is a
whole lot more just harder to find and get too especially with all the regulations in place the government knows its there and they dont what you there period!

Theyve kicked us out of the waterways finding bits and pieces, maybe its time for ( bits and pieces and ORE in LODE GOLD Areas. ) My thought!

Gotta stick togather. The closing of any FS/NF road is outrageous.

Johnnysau

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a whole series of Calif Mineral Reports that you may want to keep an eye out for.They cover what I think you are looking for

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread