K River Dredging

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Took another weekend trip to K river.Hooked up with raycan a very nice gentelman.Air temps around 109 and water around 95.The river quit flowing today.heres a couple pics. CIMG0114.jpg CIMG0124.jpg :hello2::hello2:

Upvote 0

raycan

Mar 8, 2009
Texarkana, Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT,Spectra V3I, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking the time to show me the ropes. Enjoyed the outing!!!!! That water was like bath water.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for taking the time to show me the ropes. Enjoyed the outing!!!!! That water was like bath water.

You are very welcome.You guys can join me anytime.The water cleared today that is a huge hole we left it was full of fish this morning.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics. I would love to join you with my 4 inch but theres no way I am going to sweat my arse off in this heat with the river like that. Sorry, I'm a wuss. Nice finds though, was that on the gravel bar? It looks right, but with out water it's hard to tell.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pics. I would love to join you with my 4 inch but theres no way I am going to sweat my arse off in this heat with the river like that. Sorry, I'm a wuss. Nice finds though, was that on the gravel bar? It looks right, but with out water it's hard to tell.

Hello Jason I am a wuss after this weekend I will wait untill it cools off to go back.We were in the main channel on the far side of the gravel bar river is low enough I drove my mini van to the dredge hole.The fever overides common sense everytime.We need to get a weekend going for all the TNET people this fall.I am hoping to get a 5 inch.

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some nice colar there u got. i whas planing on heading up there this week and put my 5inch dreadge in the water but if the river ant flowing it will be hard to dreadge as u wount be abale to see after a little bit. so i may head up to my old stoping grounds up on the rougue river and dredge there. PM me okbasspro when u get ready to head back i will join u.

thanks Ranger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"water was like bath water","water quit flowing",......two things that kill salmon!!
"a big hole that was loaded with fish",dredgers make big holes that allow the water to cool,and pool,so that salmon can live.....huh?Funny!!

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"water was like bath water","water quit flowing",......two things that kill salmon!!
"a big hole that was loaded with fish",dredgers make big holes that allow the water to cool,and pool,so that salmon can live.....huh?Funny!!

EXACTLY always the uniformed making decisions that effect so many

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
We all know that dredging is good for the fish and enviroment. The wackos know it too, but it does not fit their agenda.
OKBASSPRO, Looks like you have a good spot there.:icon_thumleft: Hopefully I will get a weekend or two off this Fall here in Tusa and be able to make a hunt with you. Been here going on three years now and still have put any OK shine in the pan.:icon_scratch:

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Kuger, Forgive my post above, as your paydirt did put a lot of shine in the pan. Just wasn't OK gold.:thumbsup:

karld

Jul 25, 2012
Alexandria, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
okbasspro,

Looks Good!

We appreciated the help you gave us on our dredge that weekend. We haven't panned out our concentrate yet. We will be doing that this weekend.
And you are right. It was almost like sitting in a hot tub while in that hole.

We are planning to return in the fall for another round. Maybe we will see you there again!

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
okbasspro,

Looks Good!

We appreciated the help you gave us on our dredge that weekend. We haven't panned out our concentrate yet. We will be doing that this weekend.
And you are right. It was almost like sitting in a hot tub while in that hole.

We are planning to return in the fall for another round. Maybe we will see you there again!

WELCOME to the TNET we will most defintley hook up again I enjoyed the company.I have a extra baffle for the highbanker box that you can have when we meet again it will calm the water down and let the fine gold drop out better.

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
u got Okbasspro just leat mee know when u are going back up there and if im knot working i will be there and u can see the beast at work.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
u got Okbasspro just leat mee know when u are going back up there and if im knot working i will be there and u can see the beast at work.:icon_thumleft:

Cool Beans when weather cools down we need to get a TNET weekend going and invade the river.Camping rates are cheap and they have a few cabins we can drive right down to river no long hikes with equipment.

raycan

Mar 8, 2009
Texarkana, Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT,Spectra V3I, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Beans when weather cools down we need to get a TNET weekend going and invade the river.Camping rates are cheap and they have a few cabins we can drive right down to river no long hikes with equipment.

Sounds like a TNet prospecting party!!! Looking forward to it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread