Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met friends on the Bear River for a one day prospecting trip. My eight year old son helped a little, swam with his cousins most of the day while the four of us sluiced and panned. Gravel Washer had some good color in his vile! Had a great time on this beautiful little river. Found a couple pickers, but flakes were everywhere. This is about half of what we found... the rest is in the snuffer bottle after I panned out the concentrates.. Hope to get back up there soon.

Bear River Gold 2 2012.jpg
Bear River Gold 2012.jpg

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Color - Congratulations!!!

OP
OP
dagreat

dagreat

Feb 28, 2010
Upper Lake
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000 with 11" M/DD and GoldScreamer pack
Etrac with 15x18 SEF & 10" Slimeline with inline Sunray
F75 with 11" & 5" DD with inline Sunray for my son
Garrett Infinium with 14" DD, 8" mono and 3x7 DD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great time with my boy and the other half's family. My buddy Gravel Washer and his wife made it out. Next time we are camping there so I can get a couple days of prospecting in there. :)

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bear river campground is one of my favorite campgrounds, its so pretty there. Tou should check out mineral bar too, another awesome campground with good color

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We normally pan for gold at Bear River, not too far from the parking area.
Would we have better luck going right or left of the parking lot? We normally go to the right....
No pickers yet : ) But lots of flakes....

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pretty sure that's all flood gold, so either side of the parking.g lot should be similar. I have seen YouTube videos of people working bedrock downstream from the parking lot, and the bars upstream.

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ps. Most of that gold is fines the miners missed from blue devil diggins, red dog-you bet diggins, and even malakoff diggins. The amount of tailings being dumped into in river and streams there is what lead to the decision to ban hydraulic mining in 1892.... Whole mountains were washed away there to get that yellow metal, as well as MASSIVE amounts of mercury. So, if you ever see silvery flakes the color of a brand new nick

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An ounce is an ounce is an ounce... flakes, pickers, or nuggets! Nice! Tnx. TTC

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the helpful information 419!
Got back from Bear this weekend. Brought home quite a bit of concentrates to run in the Blue Bowl. Found a few decent sized flakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread